SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam: 2012 (Tier-2)
Paper – II (Held On 16.09.2012) [Part-2]
English Language & Comprehension
51. Youths are the assets and hope of a nation.
P. In making India a great
Q. Steeped in old cultural values R.
They can play a vital role
R. They can play a vital role
S. democratic, progressive and prosperous country
6. But equipped with modern scientific
52. Porcelain became popular at the beginning of the 19th century.
P. In a kin atmore than 2372 degree Fahrenheit.
Q. Refers to both China and Bisque dolls.
R. porcelain is made by firing special clays
S. porcelain is used generically, to
6. Only a few types of clays can withstand such high temperatures.
53. Human behaviors are regulated by their
P. Aperson’s working pattern as well as living style.
Q. Between these selves has an adverse effect upon
R. Work done is the self portrait
S. Real self and and social self Conflict
6. Of the person who did it
54. India is democratic country
P. At the hands of our representatives
Q. But frequent elections
R. Who play political games
S. Makes it a mockery
6. At the cost of the nation.
55. Plato’s ‘Repubhc’ has exercised tremendous influence
P. He states that statesmen should
Q. On human thought and intelligence.
R. Integrity because he felt that, only such men
S. Be men of supreme intelligence and impeccable
6. Could enlighten the darker side of human nature into a positive.
56. India has a vibrant space science program
P. The Indian space science programmer has been working formulating a
Q. formulating an industrial participation policy to
R. Covering astronomy. Astrophysics and space science
S. With cooperative Indian Industries and has been
6. Aid the growth of space industry in India.
57. Shaw read the first few lines of the
P. And was at once convinced
Q. He sent a few copies of the book to well know
R. That he was reading good poetry, so
6. Critics, and awaited their reaction.
58. New Industries
P. Interests, usually
Q. Supported by foreign
R. To their employees at all
S. Offer better salaries
6. Levels of responsibility
59. Both plants and animals
P. Changes in from, structure growth habits
Q. In becoming adapted to different climatic
R. Of many sorts show remarkable
S. And even mode of reproduction
6. Environment, types of food supply or mode of living
60. As heart disease continues P. Increasingly interested in identifying the
Q. To be the number one killer
R. Researchers have become
S. In the United States,
6. Potential risk factors that trigger heart attack.