Model Questions for Scientific Assistant (IMD) Exam (Paper-1)
- Set 23
Write and Discuss Your Answer with Q.No
in Comment Box at the Bottom of Post
1. The Government of India Act 1858 declared----
1. The end of the policy of annexation by the British
2. Transfer of administration from the Company to the Crown
3. Zamindars were to be punished severely
4. Governor-general became the viceroy of India
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
(a) 1, 2, 3
(b) 1 and 3
(c) 3, 1, 2 and 4
(d) 2 and 4
2. The Government of India Act 1919 clearly defined the----
(a) Separation of power between the judiciary and the legislature
(b) Jurisdiction of the Viceroy and the governors of the provinces
(c) Jurisdiction of the central and provincial governments
(d) Powers of the Secretary of State for India and the Viceroy
3. Which of the following were not included in the Gandhi-Irwin Pact?
(a) Invitation to the Congress to participate in the Round Table Conference
(b) Withdrawal of the Civil Disobedience movement
(c) Release of only those prisoners who were not charged with violence
(d) Drafting of a constitution based on the principle of responsible government
4. What was the objective behind the formation of the Indian National
(a) To make the power of British presence felt amongst the Indian masses.
(b) Creation of a small group of educated Indians who would support the British
(c) A medium through which the Indians could be convinced about positive effects
of British rule in India.
(d) A platform for Indians to voice their grievances regarding the government.
5. The Cripps Proposals were rejected by the Muslim League, as
(a) the Constitution-making body of separate electorate had not been
(b) Its demand for Pakistan had not been directly conceded
(c) Both (a) and (b) above
(d) Muslims were not given proportionate representation in the proposed
Executive Council also.