(Paper) SSC Stenographers Grade C & D 2014 Exam Paper - 2015 "General awareness" (held on: 31-01-2016)
51. The largest proven oil reserve of the world lies in
(d) Saudi Arabia
52. The book ‘Gokhale, My Political Guru’ was written by
(a) Shaukat Ali
(b) C.R. Das
53. Who amongst the following is the author is the book ‘Name Sake’?
(a) Kiran Desai
(b) Sobha De
(c) Vikram Seth
(d) Jumpa Lahiri
54. National Science Day is observed on
(a) 14th March
(b) 2nd June
(c) 5th January
(d) 28th February
55. Which was the first National News Agency of free India?
(a) The Associated Press of India
(b) None of these
(c) The Indian Review
(d) The Free Press of India
56. The original name of ‘Mahabharata’ is
(b) Bharat Katha
(d) Jai Samhita
57. Kudankulam Project is located in which state?
(d) Tamil Nadu
58. Who was the first black actor to win Oscar?
(a) Sidney Poitiers
(c) Eddie Murphy
59. Which of the following is related to horticulture?
(a) Green revolution
(c) Operation flood
(d) Golden revolution
60. Who fixed the REPO rate in India?
(a)WTO — World Trade Organization
(b) SEBI — Securities and Exchange Board of India
(c) RBI — Reserve Bank of India
(d) IMF — International Monetary Fund
61. An indirect instrument of monetary policy is
(a) Open market operations
(b) Statutory liquidity ratio
(c) Bank rate
(d) Cash reserve ratio
62. The term “politics” was first used by
(b) John Locke
63. One of the following is NOT a component of foreign exchange reserve in India
(a) Gold stock of RBI
(b) SDR holdings of government
(c) Foreign exchange assets of RBI
(d) Foreign exchange assets of government
64. The market system in which there are only two buyers facing a large number of sellers called
65. Arrange the names of the President in the order they served.
(a) N.S. Reddy, Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma, R. Venkataraman, Gyani Zail Singh
(b) R. Venkataraman, Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma, Gyani Zail Singh, N.S. Reddy
(c) N.S. Reddy, Gyani Zail Singh, R. Venkataraman, Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma
(d) N.S. Reddy, R. Venkataraman, Gyani Zail Singh, Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma
66. Who first gave the concept of “Distributive Justice”?
67. The reorganization of states on linguistic basis was done in
68. Sir Eye Coote was associated with which of the following?
(a) Battle of Ambar
(b) Seize of Arcot
(c) Battle of Wandiwash
(d) Battle of Adyar
69. Bodo and Dogri were added in the 8th Schedule by the following amendment:
(a) 91st Amendment
(b) 92nd Amendment
(c) 81st Amendment
(d) 85th Amendment
70. Who among the following was responsible for the founding of the Anglo- Muhammadan Oriental College?
(b) Altaf Hussain
(c) Sir Sayyid Ahmad Khan
(d) Yusuf Ali
71. Which among the following is related to Sadr-us-Sadr?
(a) Ecclesiastical matters
(b) Judicial administration
(d) Land revenue
72. Which among the following inscription is known as Prayaga Prashasti?
(a) Hathigumpha Inscription
(b) Aihole Inscription
(d) Allahabad Pillar Inscription
73. Which of the following is NOT correctly matched?
(a) Ibn Batuta — Morocco
(b) Bikitin — Samarkand
(c)Macro — Italy
(d) Alberuni — Uzbekisthan
74. The island of Honshu in Japan is famous for
(d) Iron ore
75. ‘Intervening opportunities model’ was proposed by
(c) E.S. Lee
(d) S.A. Stouffer
76. The book ‘Problem of Human Geography’ was written by
(a) Jean Brunches
(b) None of these
(c) Albert Demangeon
(d) De Mortone
77. Philadelphia is famous for
(b) Diary industry
(d) Silk textiles
78. Which blood vessels carry pure blood from the lungs to the heart?
(a) Cardiac artery
(b) Cardiac vein
(c) Pulmonary arteries
(d) Pulmonary veins
79. 40° N latitude acts as demarcation line between
(a) North and South Korea
(b) USA and Canada
(c) North and South Vietnam
(d) Egypt and Sudan
80. August Weismann proposed
(a)Modern synthetic theory
(b) Germ plasm theory
(c) Natural selection theory
(d) Inheritance of acquired character
81. Which of the following breeds of chicken belongs to Mediterranean class?
(b) Sustra lorp
82. Lakes which contain high concentration of humic acid in water is
(a) Desert salt lakes
(b) Volcanic lakes
(c) Dystrophic lakes
(d) Deep ancient lakes
83. kala-azar is transmitted by —— .
(a) Black flies
(c) Sand fly
(d) Tsetse fly
84. Bernoulli’s theorm is a statement of the conservation of
(a) Linear momentum
85. Fibrinogen is converted into fibrin by
86. Among the following quantities which one has dimension different from the remaining three?
(a) Product of voltage and charge per unit volume.
(b) Angular momentum per unit mass
(c) Energy per unit volume
(d) Force per unit area
87. Which of the following unit used to measure the speed of a computer?
88. When the velocity of a body is doubled
(a) its momentum is doubled.
(b) its acceleration is doubled.
(c) its K.E. is doubled.
(d) its P.E. is doubled.
89. A bag is dropped from an aeroplane flying horizontally at a constant speed. Neglecting air resistance, where will the aeroplane be when the bag reaches the ground?
(a) Behind the bag
(b) Data is not sufficient
(c) Directly above the bag
(d) Ahead of the bag
90. DHCP is mainly sued to
(a) Converting IP address to domain name
(c) Provide IP address automatically to the devices
91. Match each element on the right with its property on the left.
92. The antacid marketed as milk of magnesia has as main ingredient:
(a) M g ( O H ) 2
93. The chemical name of quick lime is
(a) Calcium chloride
(b) Calcium carbonate
(c) Calcium hydroxide
(d) Calcium oxide
94. Which of the following are used to prepare the main storage (starch) form of food in plants?
(a) Carbon dioxide and nitrogen
(b) Carbon dioxide and water
(c) Carbon dioxide and oxygen
(d)Water and oxygen
95. Presence of excess fluorine in water causes
(a) Tooth Decay
(b) Respiratory disease
(d) Dental Cavity
96. Which one among the following books is centred around ‘environment’?
(a) Here I Stand
(b) And then one day
(c) The late, great planet earth
(d) Silent spring
97. An international movement with its motto to save the world by involving itself with environmental problems is
(a) Clean En
98. The first person ever to reach the South Pole was
(b) Amerigo Vespucci
99. It is reported that there is an ongoing decrease in the pH value of ocean water because of global warming. It happens due to
(a) Larger uptake of atmospheric nitrogen by ocean water.
(b) Lesser uptake of atmospheric nitrogen by ocean water.
(c) Larger uptake of CO2 by ocean water.
(d) Lesser uptake of CO2 by ocean water
100. The largest tea growing country in the World is
(c) Sri Lanka