SSC Multi-Tasking Staff (Non Technical) Exam Mock Test -1 (Reasoning)
Directions : A statement followed by two assumptions I & II is given. Which one of the four given alternatives is correct ?
Statement : Imprisonment for 27 years made Nelson Mandela The President.
I. One who will be imprisoned for 27 years will become The President
II. To become The President imprisonment is a qualification.
(a) Only I is implicit.
(b) Only II is implicit.
(c) Both I & II are implicit.
(d) Neither I nor II is implicit.
2. From the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word.
3. A word is given in capital letters. It is followed by four words. Out of these four words, three cannot be formed from the letters of the word in capital letters. Point out the word which can be formed from the letters of the given word in capital letters.
(a) ACTION (b) NATION
(c) MONITOR (d) REMOVE
4. If A = 1, FAT = 27, then FAITH = ?
5. If the word ‘STOVE’ can be written as ‘FNBLK, how can the word ‘VOTES’ be written in that code?
6. If’PAPER’ is written as’OZODQ’, how ‘PENCIL’ can be written in that code ?
7. There are five friends-S, K, M, A, R. S is shorter than K, but taller than R. M is the tallest. A is a ltfle shorter than K and little taller than S. Who has two persons taller and two persons shorter than him ?
8. Rajiv is the brother of Atul. Sonia is the sister of Sunil. Atul is the son of Sonia. How is Rajiv related to Sonia ?
9. Of the five members of a panel sitting in a row, A is to the left of B, but on the right of C, D is on the right of B but is on the left of E. Find the member who is sitting in the middle.
10. There are some boys and dogs at a place. If total number of heads is 7 and total number of legs is 20, how many boys and how many dogs are there?
(a) 2 boys and 5 dogs
(b) 3 boys and 4 dogs
(c) 4 boys and 3 dogs
(d) 5 boys and 2 dogs
11. P, Q & R are educated, P, R & S are hard working, R, S & T are employed, P, Q, S & T are polite. Who is educated, hardworking, polite but not employed ?
12. Rama travels 10 km towards the north, turns left and travels 4 km and then again turns right and covers another 5 km and then turns right and travels another 4 km. How far is he from the starting point ?
(a) 5 km.
(b) 10 km.
(c) 15 km.
(d) 19 km.
13. A man starts from a point, walks 2 km towards north, turns towards his right and walks 2 km, turns right again and walks. What is the direction now he is facing ?
Directions: Study the two different positions of a cube given below with dots from 1 to 6 marked on its faces. When 3 is at the bottom, what will be at the top ?
15. The maximum number of squares in the given figure is:
16. Which one of the following figures represents family, sons and daughters ?
17. Which number is in all the geometerical figure?
18. Which on of the answer figures shall complete the given question figure:
19. From the given answer figures, select the one in which the question figure is hidden embedded.
Direction: In question no 20, a piece of paper is folded and punched as shown below. From the given responses indicate how it will appear when opened.
Directions (21-25): In the following questions select the related letters/ word / number/figure from the given alternatives.
21. Mother : Child: : Cloud : ?
22. Mountain : Hill :: Tree : ?
23. ADBC : WZXY : : EHFG : ?
24. JLNP : OMKI :: SUWY : ?
25. 42 : 56 :: 72 : ?