(Result) SSC Scientific Assistant (IMD) Exam-2018
Recruitment of Scientific Assistant in India Metrological Department (IMD) Examination, 2017 - Declaration of Final Result
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducted an open competitive examination for recruitment to the post of Scientific Assistant (SA) in India Metrological Department from 22.11.2017 to 25.11.2017 at different centres across the country. The result of written examination was declared on 13.02.2018 by SSC. Subsequently, IMD conducted document verification from 04.06.2018 to 05.07.2018 and from 20.08.2018 to 23.08.2018.
2. Now on the basis of the marks obtained, 1102 candidates are provisionally selected for the post of Scientific Assistant in IMD. The category wise details of these candidates are given as under:
||1102 (Including Backlog)
**Includes 21 UR, 27 OBC, 4 SC, 1 ST
3. Tie cases have been resolved by applying following criteria, one after another, as applicable till the Tie is resolved :
(i) Total marks in computer based examination (Part-I & Part-II).
(ii) Marks in Paper-II
(iii) Marks in Paper-I
(iv) Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
(v) Alphabetical order in which first names of the candidates appear online.
4. Marks obtained by the last categories are given below:
|Mark of Last Candidates Selected
5. It has been decided by the competent authority to follow merit-cum-option based choice of State/UT for initial posting of the candidate in place of lottery based state allocation followed during document verification process. Candidates will be required to submit online option for choice of posting through the link to be provided on IMD Website www.imd.gov.in . Candidates have to submit five preferences of States/UTs including two hard states * marked in the link). The link will remain open from 05.11.2018 (4PM) to 16.11.2018 (4PM) for online submission of option related to initial posting. Submission of online option is mandatory for all candidates selected as per Annexure-l. In case of non-submission of online options by any candidate/non-availability of vacancy as per options submitted, decision of competent authority will be final and binding.
6. The selection is purely provisional and subject to the candidates fulfilling all the eligibility conditions prescribed in the Notice of the said examination and also subject to, among other things thorough verification of their identity with reference to photographs, signatures, handwritings and other parameters on the application forms, admission certificates, etc. The candidature of the candidates is liable to be cancelled in case of the candidates found not fulfilling the eligibility conditions or for any other genuine reasons.
7. For candidates belonging to reserved categories for which certain percentage of vacancies are reserved as per policy of the Government, the category status is indicated against their roll numbers. It is important to note that some of these candidates have been declared qualified only in the category mentioned against their roll numbers. If any candidate does not actually belong to the category mentioned against his/her name, he/she may not be eligible to be included in the list. It is, therefore, in the interest of candidates concerned to contact IMD immediately in all such cases where they do not belong to the categories against their Roll numbers.
8.The list of selected candidates is appended below at Annexure-I.
9.The list of candidates not fulfilling the eligibility criteria and therefore, rejected is also appended below at Annexure-II. The candidates, who have not appeared for Document Verification process, have not been considered. 412 candidates who got their documents verified but could not make it to the merit list/reserved panel.
10. A merit-wise Reserve panel of 551 candidates is also appended below at Annexure-III as per guidelines laid down vide Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Personnel & Training OM No. 41019/18/97-Estt.(B) dated 13.06.2000.