SSC Multi-Tasking Staff (Non Technical) Exam Mock Test -4 (Numerical Aptitude)
26. Suman can do a work in 3 days. Sumati can do the same work in 2 days. Both of them finish the work together and get Rs. 150. What is the share of Suman ?
(a) Rs. 30
(b) Rs. 60
(c) Rs. 70
(d) Rs. 75
27. Three taps A, B and C can fill a tank in 12, 15 and 20 hours respectively. If A, is open all the time and B and C are open for one hour each alternatively, the tank will be full in
28. 5 men can do a piece of work in 6 days while 10 women can do it in 5 days. In how many days can 5 women and 3 men do it ?
29. A can do a piece of work in 12 days and B can do it in 18 days. They work together for 2 days and then A leaves. How long will B take to finish the remaining work ?
(a) 6 days
(b) 8 days
(c) 10 days
(d) 13 days
30. A train is travelling at the rate of 45krn/hr. How many seconds, it will take to cover a distance of 4/5 km ?
31. A person travels 600 km by train at 80km/hr, 800 km by ship at 40 km/hr. 500 km by aeroplane at 400 km/hr and 100 km by car at 50km/hr. What is the average speed for the entire distance ?
32. A train 100m long is running at the speed of 30 km/ hr. The time (in second) in which it will pass a man standing near the railway line is
33. Two men are standing on opposite ends of a bridge of 1200 metres long. If they walk towards each other at the rate of 5m/minute and 10m/minute respectively, in how much time will they meet each other ?
(a) 60 minutes
(b) 80 minutes
(c) 85 minutes
(d) 90 minutes
34. An aeroplane covers a certain distance at a speed of 240 km. per hour in 5 hours. To cover the same distance in 12/3 hours, it must travel at a speed of
(a) 300 km./hr.
(b) 360 km./hr.
(c) 600 km./hr.
(d) 720 km./hr.
Directions: A survery of film watching habits of people living in five cities P, Q, R, S and T is summarised below in a table. The coulmn I in the table gives percentage of film-watchers in each city who see only one film a week. The column II gives the total number of film-watchers who see two or more films per week.
35. How many film watchers in city R see only one film in a week ?
36. Which city has the highest number of film watchers who see only one film in a week?
37. A city with the lowest number of filmwatchers is
38. The highest number of filmwatchers in any given city is
39. The total number of all filmwatchers in the five cities who see only one film in a week is
Directions: The following graph gives Sales, Expense and Capital of a company for a period of five years 1994 to 1998. .Read the graph and answer the questions 140 to 144.
40. What has been the simple average growth rate per annum of expense between 1994 and 1998?
(b) 33 3
41. In which year was the Sales to Expense ratio the lowest?
42. What was the average per annum increase in sales (in Rs. cr.) from 1994 to 1998 ?
43. In which year was the ratio of profits to capital the highest?
44. In which year was the ratio of sales to capital the lowest ?
45. Find x in the adjoining figure
(a) 1.6 cm
(b) 2.2 cm
(c) 3 cm
(d) 2.6 cm
(a) 50°, 100°
(b) 30°, 60°
(c) 45°, 90°
(d) 25°, 50°
47. Find the intercepts made by the line 2x – 3y+ 6 = 0 with the coordinate axes.
(a) 3, 2
(b) –3, 2
(c) –3, –2
(d) None of these
48. The equation of the line whose intercept on the axes are 4 and 3 is
(a) 3x – 4y =10
(b) 3x + 4y =12
(c) –3x + 4y = 5
(d) None of these
49. Which of the following expression is a monomial?
(d) All the three