(Jobs) Indian Oil Corporation Ltd : Trade Apprentice / Attendant Operator & Technician Apprentice Recruitment-2018
Post Detail :
Trade Apprentice/ Attendant Operator (Chemical Plant) Discipline – Chemical – Candidate must have passed 3 years B.Sc. (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/ Industrial Chemistry).
Trade Apprentice (Fitter) Discipline – Mechanical – Candidate must have passed Matric with 2 (two) year ITI (Fitter) course.
Trade Apprentice (Boiler) Discipline – Mechanical – Candidate must have 3 years B.Sc (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry & Industrial Chemistry).
Technician Apprentice Discipline – Chemical – Candidate must have passed 3 years Diploma in Chemical Engineer & Petro- Chemical Engineer.
Technician Apprentice Discipline – Mechanical – Candidate must have passed 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineer..
Technician Apprentice Discipline – Electrical – Candidate must have passed 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineer.
Technician Apprentice Discipline – Instrumentation – Candidate must have passed 3 years Diploma in Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Electrics/ Instrumentation & Control Engg.
1. Certificate issued by a Board of Secondary Education for passing Matriculation/Higher Secondary is the only acceptable document in support of proof of age.
2. Minimum 18 years and maximum 24 years as on 31.10.2018
3. Relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC (NCL), for the posts reserved for them.
4. Relaxable by 10 years for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) belonging to Unreserved Category, 13 years for PwBD belonging to OBC (Non-Creamy layer) and 15 years for PwBD belonging to SC/ST.
5. A PwBD candidate availing of only age relaxation (no relaxation in eligibility qualification marks/in written test qualifying marks/ in Interview qualifying marks) shall be considered against unreserved vacancy in order of merit in the select list before being considered against a reserved post.
Pay Scale :
As prescribed under the Apprentices Act, the Apprentices shall be paid stipend of an amount equivalent to a prescribed percentage of the minimum wages applicable in the State. In addition, the Refinery pays Rs 2500/- per month to an apprentice towards stationery, conveyance and miscellaneous expenses etc., wherever applicable.
How to Apply :
1. lndianOil has Refineries at Guwahati, Digboi, Bongaigaon (all 3 in Assam) Barauni (Bihar), Vadodara (Gujarat), Haldia (West Bengal), Mathura (UP), Panipat (Haryana) and Paradip (Odisha).
2. A candidate can apply for apprenticeship in any one of the Refinerv unit of his choice.
3. Option for exercising the choice of a Refinery unit has been provided in the application menu (on-line application portal) which shall open at 10.00 hours on 16/10/2018 and close at 17.00 hours on 09/11/2018.
4. Candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria for a post, may visit the website www.iocl.com go to 'What's New'> go to Latest Job Openings> go to Engagement of Apprentices under Refineries Division> select the link of
the Refinery Unit ,where they want to apply for Apprenticeship Training. The candidate must have an active email ID and mobile phone number which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communication with
candidate will take place only through website application I email I mobile phone. Applications submitted through on-line mode will only be accepted.
5. The candidate should have scanned copy of colour photograph and signature in jpg format (size not exceeding 50 KB) ready before applying on-line. The photo and signature in digital form will be required to be uploaded.
6. After successfully applying/registering on-line applications, the candidates are advised to send the print out of on-line application form, duly signed by him/her, to the concerned authority at the Refinery applied for, as mentioned in the table below, alongwith photographs and all supporting documents (as per check list annexed to application form) under self attestation, by ordinary post so as to reach latest by 17 .11.2018.
7. If Printout of online application is not received by Refinery Unit applied for by 17.11.2018, candidature of the applicant shall be summarily rejected.
1. Selection shall be on the basis of performance in Written Test of two hours duration & Personal Interview.
2. The ratio of marks for Written Test and interview shall be 85: 15 and a candidate will have to secure minimum 40% marks at each stage for qualifying the selection process. The minimum qualifying marks will be relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwBD categories considered against reserved positions at each stage of the selection process.
3. Candidates belonging to PwBD categories, who have availed of concession in eligibility qualification marks or in Written Test qualifying marks or Interview, will be considered against reserved vacancies, irrespective of their position in select list (in order of merit within the category).
4. Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in the written test does not confer any right or claim by the candidate for being shortlisted for Personal Interview or the final selection, as the same is related to number of positions, ratio applied and relative performance in respective categories.
5. Shortlisted candidates, in the ratio of 1 :2 (two candidates for one position/seat, with due cognizance to number of reserved positions) subject to securing minimum qualifying marks in the written test, will be required to attend a Personal Interview. The Personal Interview for each discipline shall be conducted by a duly constituted committee.
6. In case of non-availability of sufficient number of candidates to fill the reserved seats in a notified trade/discipline, the vacant seat shall be offered to candidates belonging to reserved categories in any other discipline on the basis of a combined merit list of reserved candidates in all trades/disciplines, except for seats that are identified to be filled by candidates belonging to PwBD categories.
7. Filling up of seats is solely at the discretion of the management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for engagement, if some of these seats are not filled due to unsuitability/insufficient number of candidates.
8. The decision of the Management will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, mode of selection and cancellation of the selection process etc. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Important Date :
Starting Date – 16-October-2018
Last Date – 09-November-2018
Last Date For Submission of Hard Copy – 17-November-2018