Model Questions For एसएससी - सीजीएल परीक्षा (SET-56)
Directions: In these questions, four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase
italized in the sentence. Choose the alternative which best expresses the
meaning of the Idiom/Phrase.
1. We should give a wide berth to bad characters.
(a) keep away from
(b) publicly condemn
(c) give publicly to
(d) not sympathise with
2. Sumit had to look high and low before he could find his scooter key.
3. He is a plain, simple and sincere man. He will always call a spade a spade.
(a) say something to be taken seriously
(b) desist from making controversic statement
(c) find meaning or purpose in your action
(d) be out spoken in language
4. At a party, he is always in high spirits.
5. Rahul fought tooth and nail to save his company.
(a) with weapons
(b) as best as he could
(c) using unfair means
(d) with strength and fury
1. (a) 2. (c) 3. (d) 4. (b) 5. (d)