(Syllabus) Haryana PSC: Electrical Engineering
1. Electrical Circuits: Network theorems, Response of network to step,
ramp, impulse and sinusoidal inputs. Frequency domain analysis. Two port
networks, elements of network synthesis. Signal-flow graphs.
2. EM Theory: Electrostatics: Magnetostatics using vector methods.
Fields in dielectrics in conductors and in magnetic materials. Time varying
fields, Maxwell’s equations. Planewave propagation in conducting & dielectric
media, properties of Transmission lines.
3. Material Science (Electric Materials): Band Theory. Behaviour of
dielectrics in static and alternating fields. Piezoelectricity. Conductivity of
Metals. Super conductivity, Magnetic Properties of materials. Ferro and ferri-magnetism.
Conduction in Semiconductors, Hall effect.
4. Electrical Measurements: Principles of Measurement. Bridge
measurement of Circuit parameters Measuring Instruments. VTVM and CRO, Q-Meter,
Spectrum analyser. Transducers and measurement of non-electrical quantities,
Digital measurements, telemetering data recording and display.
5. Elements of Computation: Digital system, algorithms, flow-charting,
Storage: Type statements, array storage, Arithmetic expression, logical
expressions. Assignments statements, Programme structure, Scientific and
6. Power Apparatus and Systems: Electromechanics: Principles of
electromechanical energy conversion. Analysis of DC, synchronous and Induction
Machines. Fractional horse-power motors. Machines in Control Systems.
Transformers, Magnetic circuits and Selection of motor for drives. Power System:
Power generation; Thermal, Hydro and Nuclear Power Transmissions, Coroma, Bundle
conductors, Power System Protection. Economic operations, Load
frequency-control, stability analysis.
7. Control Systems: Open-loop and closed loop systems, Response
analysis, Rootlocus technique, stability, compensation and design techniques.
8. Electronics and Communications: Electronics: Solid state devices
and circuits. Small signal amplifier design. Feedback amplifiers, Oscillators
and operational amplifiers, FET circuits and linear ICs. Switching circuits
Boolean algebra, Logic circuits, Combinational and sequential digital circuits.
Communications: Signal analysis. Transmission of signals. Modulation and
Detection. Various types of communication systems. Performance of communication