Indian History (MCQ )
1. Which of the following is not a site of neolithic culture of India?
(d) None of the above
2. The Bronze age is so called because
(a) Bronze was the main metal used
(b) The metal was used for the first time
(c) The skillfulness was needed to manufacture the tools
(d) The stone and bronze were overlapping
3. Which of the following statements regarding the Indus Valley civilization is
not correct ?
1. No other cultural zone in the third and second millennium BC in the world was
as large as the Harappan zone
2. It extended from Jammu in the north to the Narmada estuary in the south
3. The Harappan culture was predominatly urban
(a) 2 and 3
(c) 1 only
(d) All the three
Direction: The following questions consists of two statements, one labelled a ‘Assertion(A)’
and the other as ‘Reason (R)’. You have to examine these two statements
carefully and decide if the assertion A and the Reason R and individually true
and If so, whether the Reasonis a correct explanation of the Assertion. Select
your answer to these items using the codes given below.
(a) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation for A.
(b) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation for A.
(c) A is true but R is false.
(d) A is false but R is true
4. Assertion (A): Man acquired technical so-phisticatioin in Bronze age.
Reason (A): This led to surplus in all fields.
5. Which of the given below features in not aplicable to the Indus sites ?
(a) Its separation of the city into two parts. A citadel consisting of monuments
builldings an a lower town where the citizens lived.
(b) The roads were staraight and intesected each other at right angles thus
dividing the cities into large rectangular blocks.
(c) The commodiuous houses of the citizenry being double-storeid were made of
burnt bricks and stone.
(d) Artifacts of royal trappings were identified.