Mock Test for SSC Constables (GD) Exam (Model Paper - II)
1. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 20 minutes and 30 minutes
respectively. If both pipes are opened together, the time taken to fill the tank
(a) 50 minutes
(b) 12 minutes
(c) 25 minutes
(d) 15 minutes
2. If 6 men and 8 boys can do a piece of work in 10 days and 266 men and 48
boys can do the same in 2 days, the time taken by 15 men and 20 boys to do the
same type of work will be:
(a) 5 days
(b) 4 days
(c) 6 days
(d) 7 days
3. A boy rides his bicycle 10km at an average speed of 12 km per hr and
again travels 12 km at an average speed of 10 km per hr His average speed for
the entire trip is approximately:
(b) 10.8 km/hr
(c) 11.0 km/hr
(d) 12.2 km/hr
4. A train 180 m long moving at the speed of 20 m/sec. over-takes a man
moving at a speed of 10m/sec in the same direction. The train passes the man in
(a) 6 sec
(b) 9 sec
(c) 18 sec
(d) 27 sec
5. The distance between two cities A and B is 330 km. A train starts from A
at 8 a.m. and travels towards B at 60 km/ hr Another train starts from B at 9
a.m. and travels towards A at 75 km/hr At what time do they meet?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 10 : 30 a.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 11 : 30 a.m.
Directions : A survey of film watching habits of people living in 5 cities,
I, II, III, IV and V is summarised below. The column
(a) gives percentage of film-watchers in each city who see only film a week. The
(b) gives the total number of film-watchers who see more than one film per week.
Read the table and answer question 115 and 120:
City (a) (b)
I 50 3200
II 30 3500
III 65 7000
IV 25 5400
V 80 2900
6. How many film-watchers in city II see only one film a week?
7. Which city has the highest number of film-watchers who see only one film
8. The city with the lowest number of film-watcher is
9. The city with the highest number of film-watchers is
10. The total number of all filmwatchers in the five cities who see only
one film a week is
Directions: Questions are based on the following bar graph. Read the graph
and answer the questions.
11. What is the percentage increase in the gross traffic receipts in 1995-96
as compared to 1993-94?
12. If profit = gross traffic receipts – total expenditure, then in 1996-97,
what percentage of gross traffic receipts is the profit made?
13. In which year was the profit as a percentage of gross traffic receipts
14. In order to make a profit of 10%. What should have been the gross
traffic receipts (in Rs. crores) in 1994-95, total expenditure remaining the
15. By what amount (in Rs. crores) has the expenditure increased over the
period 1993-94 to 1997-98?