Mock Test for SSC Constables (GD) Exam (Model Paper - I)
Subject: General Awareness
1. The source of the Sun’s energy is the process of:
(a) Photoelectric emission
(b) Nuclear fission
(c) Nuclear fusion
(d) Thermionic emission
2. Which of the following is not a stringed instrument ?
3. Who created the unforgettable literary character‘Swami’?
(a) Vikram Seth
(b) R.K. Narayan
(c) Mulk Raj Anand
(d) Harivansh Rai Bachchan
4. Which of the following cities lies to the western-most longitude ?
5. Arrange the following rivers from South to North.
6. What is the animal on the insignia of the RBI ?
7. Which part of India is linked to the border by the Hindustan-Tibet road
(c) North Bengal
(d) Kashmir Valley
8. Which of the following political groupings has won the highest number of
Assembly seats at the general elections held in September-October, 2002 in Jammu
and Kashmir ?
(a) Peoples Democratic Party
(b) Indian National Congress
(c) National Conference
(d) Peoples Democratic Front
9. Which is the hottest planet of the solar system?
10. The element which is the. most abundant in the human body is
11. ‘Kuchipudi dance originated in
(a) Andhra Pradesh
12. Night blindness results from the deficiency of -
13. The details of statecraft are available in the following treatise -
(a) Dharma Shastra
(b) Nyaya Shastra
(c) Artha Shastra
(d) Niti Shastra
14. The country that has come forward to mediate in Sri Lanka is:
15. The Legislative Council in a State in India may be created or abolished
(a) President on the recommendation of the Governor
(c) Parliament after the State Legislative Assembly passes a resolution to that
(d) Governor on a recommendation by the State Cabinet
16. The lengthiest Constitution in the world is
17. No Money bill can be introduced in the Lok Sabha without the prior
approval of the
(c) Prime Minister
(d) Finance Minister
18. When did the British Govt. starl ruling India directly ?
(a) After the Battle of Plassey
(b) After the Battle of Panipat
(c) After the War of Mysore
(d) After Sepoy Mutiny
19. The term ‘secular’ was added in the Preamble to the Indian Constitution
(a) 41st Amendment
(b) 42nd Amendment
(c) 43rd Amendment
(d) 44th Amendment
20. Which of the following is not a Fundamental Right ?
(a) Right to Equality
(b) Right to Liberty
(c) Right against Exploitation
(d) Right to Property