SSC CHSL (Tier - 1) Online Exam Paper - 2019 "held on 18 October 2020"
Evening-Shift (General Awareness)
Q.1 In which year did Lord Curzon order the partition of Bengal?
Q.2 Who is the head of the government of a state in India?
1. Chief Minister
2. Speaker of the Assembly
4. Prime Minister
Q.3 With which of the following sports/games is Smriti Mandhana associated?
2. Table Tennis
3. Lawn Tennis
Q.4 Name the ﬁlmmaker who made the Hindi ﬁlm, ‘Chhapaak’, based on the story of an acid
1. Meghna Gulzar
2. Rani Mukherji
3. Yash Chopra
4. Deepika Padukone
Q.5 Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant in Tamil Nadu is set up in collaboration with:
Q.6 Which part of a plant cell traps sunlight to make sugar?
4. Starch grain
Q.7 Who is known as the 'Father of the Nation' in India?
1. Mahadev Govind Ranade
2. Bhim Rao Ambedkar
3. Swami Vivekananda
4. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Q.8 Through a smart movement using a pawn, Himal Gusain outshone grandmaster NR Visakh.
Which game are we talking about?
4. Table Tennis
Q.9 Identify the correctly matched pair of the founder and the social/socio-religious
1. Rama Krishna Paramahansa – Ramakrishna Mission
2. Dayanand Saraswati – Brahmo Samaj
3. Raja Ram Mohan Ray – Arya Samaj
4. Swami Vivekananda – Ramakrishna Mission
Q.10 Who won the ‘ICC Cricketer of the Year’, ‘ICC Test Player of the Year’ and ‘ICC ODI Player of
the Year’ in 2018?
1. Shikhar Dhawan
2. Virat Kohli
3. Rohit Sharma
4. Rishabh Pant
Q.11 When did the Prime Minister of India declare the country as 'Open Defecation Free'?
1. Mahatma Gandhi's 150th birth anniversary
2. Mahatma Gandhi's 70th death anniversary
3. 72nd Independence day
4. 67th Republic day
Q.12 Which of the following is the apex banking institution of India that regulates the monetary
1. Axis Bank
2. State Bank of India
3. Bank of India
4. Reserve Bank of India
Q.13 Sankranti, the harvest festival, is celebrated in the month of Magh of the Hindu calendar
and is known by different names in different parts of India. What is it called in Gujarat?
2. Pana Sankranti
Q.14 Which of the following options correctly deﬁnes a ﬁrewall (in the context of computing)?
1. It is the name of a software.
2. It is a hardware device.
3. It is a combination of both, software and hardware devices to permit or deny network transmission based on a set of rules.
4. It is a combination of software and hardware-based devices to permit any and every network transmission.
Q.15 Which of the following is the SI unit of thermodynamic temperature?
Q.16 The pH of a liquid was found to be 7. Which liquid is it likely to be?
Q.17 To scale Mount Everest, mountaineers need to go to ______.
Q.18 In which of the following place, are the Dilwara temples of Jainism located?
3. Mount Abu
Q.19 What is the chemical name of the salt found abundantly in seawater?
1. Sodium Tartrate
2. Sodium Acetate
3. Sodium Nitrite
4. Sodium Chloride
Q.20 Which unit of the computer is considered as the brain of the computer?
2. Input unit
3. Memory unit
4. Output unit
Q.21 In which state of India does the sunrise ﬁrst appear?
2. West Bengal
4. Arunachal Pradesh
Q.22 The ﬁrst Education Minister of Independent India was ______.
1. Indira Gandhi
2. Abul Kalam Azad
3. Triguna Sen
4. Pranab Mukherjee
Q.23 Pablo Picasso, Claude Monet, Salvador Dali, Vincent Van Gogh were famous for their______.
1. social work
2. ballet performances
3. western music
Q.24 In which year was the Soil Survey of India established to carry out scientiﬁc surveys of
Q.25 Identify the INCORRECT statement about Public Distribution System (PDS) in India.
1. Those living below poverty line get food grains at subsidised prices.
2. From 1997, PDS became TPDS for targeted consumers.
3. PDS was envisaged in 1967 as a price support programme to help consumers.
4. PDS has been abandoned in the country since 2007.