SSC CHSL (Tier - 1) Online Exam Paper - 2019 "held on 15 October 2020"
Evening-Shift (General Awareness)
Q.1 Which of the following is the largest delta in the world?
1. Amazon Delta
2. Indus River Delta
3. Ganges-Brahmaputra Delta
4. Danube Delta
Q.2 As per Article 80 of the Constitution of India, what can be the maximum strength of Rajya Sabha?
Q.3 Who among the following lifted the ‘WTA Hobart International’ tennis trophy with partner
Nadiia Kichenok in January 2020?
1. Ankita Raina
2. Rushmi Chakravarthi
3. Sania Mirza
4. Karman Kaur Thandi
Q.4 Which statement best explains why Shillong gets around 200 cm rainfall annually; whereas
Cherrapunji, which is around 30 km away (as the crow ﬂies), gets over 1250 cm of rainfall
1. Cherrapunji lies on the windward side of the Khasi hills and receives rainfall from the
Bay of Bengal branch of monsoon, while Shillong lies on the leeward side of the Khasi hills,
which forms the rain shadow area.
2. Cherrapunii gets rainfall from rain-laden clouds coming from the Himalayas,
whereas Shillong gets rainfall from the Malabar branch of monsoon.
3. The average temperature of Shillong has gone up due to excessive deforestation
4. Cherrapunji lies on the leeward side of the Khasi hills and Shillong lies on the
windward side of the Khasi hills, and thus, gets only wind and no rain.
Q.5 As of January 2020, who was the chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission of
1. Justice Prafulla Chandra Pant
2. Justice Cyriac Joseph
3. Justice HL Dattu
4. Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose
Q.6 With which of the following musical instruments was the musician Palghat Mani Iyer
Q.7 What is ‘Central Equipment Identify Register’?
1. A portal launched by the Government of India to identify and trace the illegal
activities of criminals
2. A portal launched by the Government of India to enforce income and corporate tax
3. A portal launched by the Government of India to block and trace mobile phones
4. A portal launched by the Government of India to identify and trace the activities of illegal immigrants
Q.8 ______ is the fastest to read from and write to than the other kinds of storage in a computer.
2. Floppy disk
3. Hard disk
Q.9 Which of the following parks is India's ﬁrst 'Mixed World Heritage Site' on UNESCO’s World
1. Gir National Park
2. Khangchendzonga National Park
3. Kanha National Park
4. Nagarhole National Park
Q.10 ______ is a small, portable ﬂash memory card that plugs into a computer’s USB port and
functions as a portable hard drive.
2. Flash drive
Q.11 How many times did Mahmud of Ghazni invade India?
Q.12 In July 2018, a stable body of liquid water was found on Mars using a radar instrument on
board the European Space Agency's Mars Express orbiter. The tool that was used for the
discovery is called:
1. MARINER 4
2. Mars Orbiter
3. Mars Hope
Q.13 Which day is celebrated every year as ‘World Environment Day’?
1. 5th June
2. 5th March
3. 5th April
4. 5th May
Q.14 Which Article of the Constitution of India provides that there shall be a Council of Ministers
with the Prime Minister as its head?
1. Article 21(1)
2. Article 74(1)
3. Article 44
4. Article 34
Q.15 Which of the following group of scientists was awarded the 2019 Nobel Prize in Physiology
or Medicine "for their discoveries of how cells sense and adapt to oxygen availability"?
1. Fraser Stoddart, Jean-Pierre Sauvage and Ben Feringa
2. John B Goodenough, M Stanley Whittingham and Akira Yoshino
3. Kip Thorne, Rainer Weiss and Barry Barish
4. William G Kaelin Jr, Sir Peter J Ratcliffe and Gregg L Semenza
Q.16 What is Gini coeﬃcient used for?
1. To measure income equality
2. To measure income inequality
3. To measure distribution of income
4. To measure proﬁt and loss
Q.17 When was the 120th birth anniversary of Shaheed Udham Singh celebrated in India?
1. 26 November 2019
2. 26 September 2019
3. 26 October 2019
4. 26 December 2019
Q.18 As of January 2020, who among the following had the distinction of having the highest
career batting average in One Day Internationals?
1. Sachin Tendulkar
2. Virat Kohli
3. Ryan ten Doeschate
4. Steven Smith
Q.19 Whose birth anniversary is celebrated as National Sports Day every year on 29 August?
1. Ranjitsinhji Vibhaji Jadeja
2. Dhyan Chand
3. Dilip Sardesai
4. PT Usha
Q.20 Who was the last Viceroy of India who oversaw the creation of the independent states of
India and Pakistan?
1. Lord Canning
2. Lord Mountbatten
3. Lord Irwin
4. Lord Hastings
Q.21 Where is Valmiki Tiger Reserve located?
1. West Champaran, Bihar
2. Lakhimpur Kheri, Uttar Pradesh
3. Ranthambore, Rajasthan
4. Chandrapur, Maharashtra
Q.22 As of January 2020, who among the following had the distinction of having scored the most
goals at a single tournament in the entire history of FIFA World Cup?
1. Just Fontaine
2. Zinedine Zidane
4. Diego Maradona
Q.23 In which of the following states/union territories are you more likely to ﬁnd the natural
habitat of the one-horned rhinoceros (Indian Rhino)?
1. Jammu & Kashmir
Q.24 Among various electrical safety devices, one based on the heating effect of electric current
is called a:
3. Protective relay
4. Surge protector
Q.25 With which of the following is 'Operation Flood' related?
1. India’s mining industry
2. India’s farming industry
3. India’s poultry industry
4. India’s dairy industry