SSC CHSL (Tier - 1) Online Exam Paper - 2019 "held on 15 October 2020"
Afternoon-Shift (General Awareness)
Q.1 ______ was an important member of the Hindustan Republican Association, who along
with his associates executed the train dacoity at Kakori.
1. Ashfaqulla Khan
2. Sohan Singh Bhakna
3. Khudiram Bose
4. Jatin Banerjee
Q.2 The centre of a cyclone is a calm area. It is called the ______ of the storm.
Q.3 As of January 2020, who among the following has the distinction of having the highest
career batting average in Twenty20 Internationals?
1. Rohit Sharma
2. Virat Kohli
3. Chris Gayle
4. Brendon McCullum
Q.4 Which of the following nations won the FIFA World Cup most number of times?
2. Germany (including West Germany)
Q.5 The famous Chinese traveller Hieun Tsang visited India during which Emperor's reign?
3. Chandragupta I
Q.6 Which of the following consists of an electronic writing area and a special ‘pen’ that
works with it?
4. Graphics Tablet
Q.7 Who among the following invented the aeroplane?
1. Orville and Wilbur Wright
2. Auguste and Louis Lumière
3. Louis Pasteur and Alexander Fleming
4. Alexander Graham Bell
Q.8 Which of the following statements is correct?
1. The Vice-President can dissolve the Legislative Council of a State.
2. The Governor can dissolve the Legislative Assembly of a State.
3. The President can dissolve the Rajya Sabha.
4. The Speaker of the Lok Sabha can dissolve the Lok Sabha.
Q.9 What is the Palk Strait?
1. It is the boundary line between northeastern India and China.
2. It is the boundary line between India and Pakistan.
3. It is the border line between China and India in the western side.
4. It is a water body that separates India and Sri Lanka.
Q.10 The first Five-Year Plan’s main emphasis was to improve the condition of agriculture in
India. The plan began in the year:
Q.11 Which female Indian boxer won silver in the AIBA Women's World Boxing
Championships in October 2019 in the light flyweight category (48 kg)?
1. Jamuna Boro
2. Lovlina Borgohain
3. MC Mary Kom
4. Manju Rani
Q.12 India is located to the North of the ______.
2. Tropic of Capricorn
3. Tropic of Cancer
4. Prime Meridian
Q.13 Who among the following was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature 2019 "for an
influential work that with linguistic ingenuity has explored the periphery and the
specificity of human experience"?
1. Abiy Ahmed Ali
2. Olga Tokarczuk
3. Peter Handke
4. Michel Mayor
Q.14 Which of the following cities is home to one of the famous Swaminarayan
Akshardham temples in India?
3. New Delhi
Q.15 As of October 2019, what is the total number of wildlife sanctuaries in India?
Q.16 In which year did the Dalai Lama cross over into India and take asylum?
Q.17 How many women candidates were elected to the Lok Sabha?
Q.18 What is the traditional bamboo dance of Mizoram called?
1. Thang ta
2. Yak Chaam
3. Cheraw dance
Q.19 In terms of area, which is the smallest Union Territory of India?
2. Daman and Diu
3. Jammu and Kashmir
Q.20 Which of the following group of scientists was awarded the 2019 Nobel Prize in
Chemistry "for the development of lithium-ion batteries"?
1. John B Goodenough, M Stanley Whittingham and Akira Yoshino
2. Fraser Stoddart, Jean-Pierre Sauvage and Ben Feringa
3. Joachim Frank, Richard Henderson and Jacques Dubochet
4. Kip Thorne, Rainer Weiss and Barry Barish
Q.21 Reserve Bank of India, which acts as a banker to the Central Government, was
1. 1st April 1935
2. 1st April 1948
3. 1st April 1950
4. 1st April 1945
Q.22 Who among the following headed the nine-judge constitutional bench that declared
the right to privacy as a fundamental right?
1. Dipak Misra
2. TS Thakur
3. JS Khehar
4. HJ Kania
Q.23 Which of the following is a very high-speed semiconductor memory which can speed
up the CPU?
1. Secondary Memory
2. Main Memory
3. Primary Memory
4. Cache Memory
Q.24 JP Nadda was elected as the President of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on 20
January 2020. He is the ______ president of the BJP.
Q.25 Who among the following was the first recipient of the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
1. Sachin Tendulkar
2. Viswanathan Anand
3. Vijay Amritraj
4. PT Usha