Model Questions for SSC CHSL (SET-90) ARITHMETIC
1. In how many years will a sum of money double itself at 25/4% simple
interest per annum ?
2. A sum of Rs. 12,000, deposited at compoundd interest becomes double
after 5 years. How much will it be after 20 years ?
(a) Rs. 1,44,000
(b) Rs. 1,20,000
(c) Rs. 1, 50,000
(d) Rs. 1,92,000
Directions (3-5): The pie-chart, given here, shows the amount of money
spent on various sports by a school administration in a particular year. Observe
the pie chart and answer the questions based on this graph.
3. If the money spent on football was Rs. 9,000 how much more money was
spent on hockey than on football ?
(a) Rs. 11,000
(b) Rs. 11,500
(c) Rs. 12,000
(d) Rs. 12,500
4. If the money spent on football was Rs. 9,000, what amount was spent on
(a) Rs. 31,000
(b) Rs. 31,500
(c) Rs. 32,000
(d) Rs. 32,500
5. If the money spent on football is Rs. 9,000, then what was the total
mount spent on all sports ?
(a) Rs. 73,000
(b) Rs. 72,800
(c) Rs. 72,500
(d) Rs. 72.000
1. (c) 2. (d) 3. (a) 4. (c) 5. (d)