Model Questions for SSC CHSL (SET-78) REASONING
1. A statement is given followed by two assumptions, (a) and (b). You have
to consider the statement to be true, even if it seems to be at variance from
commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given assumptions can
definitely be drawn from the given statement. Indicate your answer. Statement:
Theoretical education does not bring in economic advancement and it lends to a
steady loss of confidence and money in the country.
(a) There is close relationship between development of confidence and
(b) Theoretical education makes priceless contribution for development of
(a) Only 1 is implicit
(b) Only 2 is implicit
(c) Both 1 and 2 are implicit
(d) Both 1 and 2 are not implicit
2. Two statements are given followed by four conclusions, I, II, III and IV.
You have to consider the statements to be true, even if they seem to be at
variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given
conclusions can definitely be drawn from the given statements. Indicate your
(A) No cow is a chair.
(B) All chairs are tables.
I. Some tables are chairs.
II. Some tables are cows.
III. Some chairs are cows.
IV. No table is a cow
(a) Either II or III follow
(b) Either II or IV follow
(c) Only I follows
(d) All conclusions follow
3. If HONESTY is written as 5132468 and POVERTY as 7192068, how is HORSE
written in a certain code?
4. In a certain code SISTER is written as RHRSDQ. How is UNCLE written in
5. If 841 = 3, 633 = 5, 425 = 7 then 217 = ?
1. (b) 2. (b) 3. (c) 4. (a) 5. (c)