Model Questions for SSC CHSL (SET-50) ARITHMETIC
1. A can complete a piece of work in 18 days, B in 20 days and C in 30
days. B and C together start the work and are forced to leave after 2 days. The
time taken by A alone to complete the remaining work is
(a) 10 days
(b) 12 days
(c) 15 days
(d) 16 days
2. A train, 300m long, passed a man, walking along the line in the same
direction at the rate of 3 km/hr in 33 seconds. The speed of the train is
(a) 30 km/h
(b) 32 km/h
(c) 32 8 km/h
(d) 358 km/h
Directions (3-5): The pie chart, given here, represents the number of
valid votes obtained by four students who contested election for school
leadership. The total number of valid votes polled was 720.
Observe the chart and answer the questions based on it.
3. What was the minimum number of votes obtained by any candidate ?
4. What was the winner ?
5. By how many votes did the winner defeat his nearest rival ?
1. (c) 2. (d) 3. (c) 4. (a) 5. (a)