Model Questions for SSC CHSL (SET-40) REASONING
1. In the following question, A stands for any of the mathematical signs
at different places, which are given as choices under each question. Select the
choice with the correct sequence of signs which when substituted makes the
question as a correct equation.
24 4 5 4
(a) × + =
(b) = × +
(c) + × =
(d) = + ×
2. What is the number missing from the third target?
5 9 15 16 29 ? 49 89 147
3. In a classroom, there are 5 rows, and 5 children A, B, C, D and E are
seated one behind the other in 5 separate rows as follows: A is sitting behind
C, but in front of B. C is sitting behind E. D is sitting in front of E. The
order in which they are sitting from the first row to the last is
4. Little wooden cubes each with a side of one inch are put together to
form a solid cube with a side of three inches. This big cube is then painted red
all over on the outside. When the big cube is broken up into the original little
ones, how any cubes will have paint on two sides ?
5. K is a place which is located 2 km away in the north-west direction
from the capital P. R is another place that is located 2 km away in the
south-west direction from K. M is another place and that is located 2 km away in
the northwest direction from R. T is yet another place that is located 2 km away
in the south-west direction from M. In which direction is T located in relation
to P ?
1. (b) 2. (b) 3. (a) 4. (b) 5. (c)