Model Questions for SSC CHSL (SET-35) ENGLISH
Directions: In each question below a sentence with four words printed
in bold type is given.
These are numbered as (a), (b), (c) and (d). One of these four words printed
in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the
1. The organization preferred (a)/ to hire locale (b)/ population as
they understood the language (c)/ and customer preferences. (d)/ All correct.
2. In our opinion the existing (a)/ assessment (b)/ system required
immediate (c)/ revision. (d)
3. In responds (a)/ to the advertisement a sizeable (b)/ number of
candidates have submitted (c)/ their applications. (d)
4. There is no guarantee (a)/ that if this model is adopted (b)/ the
entire (c)/ All correct. (d)
5. With this unique (a)/initiative (b)/ the company hopes to sustain
(c)/ its current (d)/ growth rate.
1. (b) 2. (a) 3. (a) 4.
(c) 5. (d)