Model Questions for SSC CHSL (SET-33) ENGLISH
Directions: Which of the phrases (a), (b), (c) and (d) given below
each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold type to make the
sentence grammatically correct?
1. Many employees are hesitate to volunteer for assignments in a foreign
country because of language and cultural issues.
(a) hesitated to volunteer
(b) hesitant to volunteer
(c) hesitating volunteer
(d) hesitatingly volunteer
2. Salaries in state owned enterprises today have to be in line on
prevailing market rates in order to reduce turnover.
(a) been on line with
(b) to be aligned on
(c) been in line for
(d) to be in line with
3. As a member of the Cabinet, Alyar had the opportunity to observe
debates and see which they were resolved.
(a) about they being resolved
(b) that it was resolved
(c) to its resolution
(d) how they were resolved
4. The Board has inability to provide any proper strategy to out do the
(a) not being able to provide
(b) has been unable to provide
(c) cannot provide for
(d) is being unable to provide
5. Did the court not intervened the matter many students would have been
(a) Because the court intervened in
(b) Until the court had intervened
(c) Had the court not intervened in
(d) If the court intervened between
1. (c) 2. (a) 3. (b) 4.
(b) 5. (b)