Model Questions for SSC CHSL (SET-15) ENGLISH
1. Which of the following is not true of the genetic engineering movement?
(a) Possibility of abuse
(b) It is confronted by ethical problems.
(c) Increased tendency to manipulate gene cells.
(d) Acquired ability to detect genetics disorders in unborn babies.
2. Which of the following is the same in meaning as the word ‘feat’ as
used in the passage?
3. Why, according to the author, is genetic misinformation severely
(A) The cost involved is very high.
(B) Some people are unjustly branded as inferior.
(a) A only
(b) B only
(c) Both A and B
(d) Neither A nor B
4. In the passage, ‘abused’ means
(b) talked about
5. At present genetic engineering can rectify all genetic disorder, is it?
(c) It can do so only in some cases
(d) Cannot be said
1. (d) 2. (a) 3. (b) 4. (c) 5. (a)