Model Questions for SSC CHSL (SET-126) REASONING
1. A man is 3 years older than his wife and four times as old as his son. If the
son becomes 15 years old after 3 years, what is the present age of the wife ?
(a) 60 years
(b) 51 years
(c) 48 years
(d) 45 years
2. X and Y are brothers. R is the father of Y. S is the brother of T and
maternal uncle of X. What is T to R?
3. Suresh is 7 ranks ahead of Ashok in the class of 39 students. If Ashok’s rank
is 17th from the last, what is Suresh’s rank from the start?
4. A word/set of letters given in capital letters is followed by four answer
words. Out of these only one cannot be formed by using the letters of the given
word/set of letters. Find out that word
5. A group of alphabets are given with each being assigned a numerical code.
These have to be unscrambled into a meaningful word and the correct code so
obtained may be indicated from the given responses ?
R A H K S
1 2 3 4 5
1. (b) 2. (d) 3. (b) 4. (c) 5. (a)