Model Questions for SSC CGL TIER-1 (General Knowledge) Set -
1. The element which is the. most abundant in the human body is
2. Which is the hottest planet of the solar system?
3. Which of the following political groupings has won the highest number of
Assembly seats at the general elections held in September-October, 2002 in Jammu
and Kashmir ?
(a) National Conference
(b) Peoples Democratic Front
(c) Peoples Democratic Party
(d) Indian National Congress
4. Which part of India is linked to the border by the Hindustan-Tibet road ?
(b) Kashmir Valley
(d) North Bengal
5. What is the animal on the insignia of the RBI ?
6. Arrange the following rivers from South to North.
7. Which of the following cities lies to the western-most longitude ?
8. Who created the unforgettable literary character ‘Swami’?
(a) Mulk Raj Anand
(b) R.K. Narayan
(c) Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(d) Vikram Seth
9. Which of the following is not a stringed instrument ?
10. The source of the Sun’s energy is the process of:
(a) Nuclear fission
(b) Thermionic emission
(c) Nuclear fusion
(d) Photoelectric emission 9
1. (d) 2. (b) 3. (b) 4. (b) 5. (b) 6. (a) 7. (b) 8.
(b) 9. (c) 10. (c)