Model Questions for SSC CGL (SET-81) ARITHMETIC
1. A sum of money becomes eight times in 3 years, if the rate is compounded
annually. In how much time will the same amount at the same compound rate become
(a) 6 years
(b) 4 years
(c) 8 years
(d) 5 years
Directions: The pie chart given below show the spending of a family on
various heads during a month. Study the graph and answer the questions .
2. If the total income of the family is Rs. 25,000, then the amount spent on
Rent and Food together is
(a) Rs. 17,250
(b) Rs. 14,750
(c) Rs. 11,250
(d) Rs. 8,500
3.What is the ratio of the expenses of Education to the expenses on Food?
(a) 1: 3
(b) 3: 1
(c) 3: 5
(d) 5: 3
4. Expenditure on Rent is what percent of expenditure of Fuel?
5. Which three expenditures together have a central angle of 108o ?
(a) Fuel, Clothing and Others
(b) Fuel, Education and Others
(c) Clothing, Rend and Others
(d) Education, Rent and Others
1. (b) 2. (b) 3. (a) 4. (b) 5. (b)