Model Questions for SSC CGL (SET-72) GENERAL INTELLIGENCE
1. A statement is given followed by four alternative arguments. Select the
alternative which is most appropriate.
Is it necessary that education should be job oriented?
I. Yes, the aim of education is to prepare person for earning.
II. Yes, educated person should stand on his own feet after completion of
III. No, education should be for sake of knowledge only.
IV. No, one may take up agriculture where education is not necessary.
(a) Only I and II arguments are strong
(b) Only III and IV argument are strong
(c) Only I argument isstrong
(d) Only I and III arguments are strong
2. A man started walking West. He turned right, then right again and finally
turned left. Towards which direction was he walking now?
3. Sudha travels 8 km to the South. Then she turns to the right and walks 4
km. Then again the turns to her right and moves 8 km forward. How many km away
is she from the starting point?
4. From the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed
using the letters of the given words:
5. From the given alternative words, select the word which can be formed
using the letters of the given word:
1. (a) 2. (a) 3. (c) 4. (d) 5. (c)