Model Questions for SSC CGL (SET-110) GENERAL ENGLISH
Directions: Sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate
word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct
alternative out of the four.
1. The hotel was not too expensive
(a) was it ?
(b) wasn’t it?
(c) is it ?
(d) isn’t it ?
2. Like humans, zoo animals must have a dentisttheir teeth
(d) to be filled
3. It was very kind of you to do the washing-up, but you _ it.
(a) didn’t have to do
(b) hadn’t to do
(c) mightn’t have done
(d) mustn’t have done
4. He went sea alone.
5. The……of our civilization from an agricultural society to today’s complex
industrial world was accompanied bywar.
1. (a) 2. (a) 3. (d) 4. (b) 5. (d)