Model Questions for SSC CGL (SET-106) GENERAL ENGLISH
Directions: In the following questions, some of the sentences have errors and
some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has an error. The number of
that part is your answer. Your answer is(d) i.e., No error.
- He is a university professor (a)/ but of his three sons (b)/ neither has
any merit. (c)/ No error (d).
- After knowing truth, (a)/ they took the right decision (b)/ in the
matter. (c)/ No error (d).
- It is time you (a)/ decide on your next (b)/ course of action. (c)/ No
- He who has suffered most (a)/ for the cause, (b)/ let him speak (c)/ No
- A cup of coffee (a)/ is an excellent complement (b)/ to smoked salmon.
(c)/ No error (d).
1. (c) 2. (a) 3. (b) 4. (c) 5. (d)