SSC MTS 2019 EXAM PAPER : Held on 07 August-2019 Shift-3
Q.1 First cotton mill in India was set up in which city?
Correct Answer: Bombay
Q.2 ______,the code-breaker during World War II has been chosen by Bank of England to feature
on Britain’s new £50 note.
1. Michael Faraday
2. Sir Christopher Wren
3. Sir John Houblon
4. Alan Turing
Correct Answer: Alan Turing
Q.3 Arrange the following metals in the decreasing order of reactivity:
1. Iron > sodium > silver > gold
2. Sodium > silver > iron > gold
3. Gold > silver > iron > sodium
4. Sodium > iron > silver > gold
Correct Answer: Sodium > iron > silver > gold
Q.4 GST council is headed by:
1. Union Finance Minister
3. RBI governor
4. Prime minister
Correct Answer: Union Finance Minister
Q.5 King Jay Adams is associated with which of the following Sports?
1. Horce Racing
Correct Answer: Skateboarding
Q.6 Which of the following diseases is caused by virus?
Correct Answer: Measles
Q.7 Which of the following institutions is India’s National Academy of Letters?
1. Sahitya Akademi
2. Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts
3. Lalit Kala Akademi
4. Centre for Cultural Resources and Training
Correct Answer: Sahitya Akademi
Q.8 Which of the following is also called the First Law of Thermodynamics?
1. Boyle's Law
2. Law of Conservation of Energy
3. Charles' Law
4. Law of Conservation of Mass
Correct Answer: Law of Conservation of Energy
Q.9 Which of the following Indian cities has got UNESCO World Heritage site tag?
Correct Answer: Ahmedabad
Q.10 Ozone gas is present in which layer of atmosphere?
Correct Answer: Stratosphere
Q.11 In which country is Hambantota port situated?
4. Sri Lanka
Correct Answer: Sri Lanka
Q.12 Which of the following quality marks are NOT correctly matched?
1. AGMARK - agricultural products
2. HALLMARK - silver jewellery
3. FPO - processed food products
4. ISI - semi-processed food products
Correct Answer: ISI - semi-processed food products
Q.13 How many non-permanent members does UN Security Council have?
Correct Answer: 10
Q.14 Twinkling of stars is mainly due to which phenomena?
Correct Answer: Refraction
Q.15 Who is the author of the book "Neel Darpan"?
1. Abanindranath Tagore
2. Mumtaz Ali
3. Dina Bandhu Mitra
4. Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
Correct Answer: Dina Bandhu Mitra
Q.16 Mobile App “cVIGIL” has been launched to?
1. enable citizens to file online RTI
2. enable citizens to report on violation of election code of conduct
3. bring transparency in direct benefit transfer
4. enable citizens to file income tax online
Correct Answer: enable citizens to report on violation of election code of conduct
Q.17 Andaman and Nicobar jurisdiction comes under which High court?
1. Andhra Pradesh
Correct Answer: Calcutta
Q.18 Bab-el-Mandeb strait connects which water bodies?
1. Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman
2. Baffin Bay and Labrador Sea
3. Red sea and Gulf of Aden
4. Black sea and sea of Azov
Correct Answer: Red sea and Gulf of Aden
Q.19 Which of the following adjectives is NOT a part of the Preamble?
Correct Answer: Tolerant
Q.20 Who renounced his Knighthood against the Jallianwala Bagh atrocity?
1. Syed Ahmad Khan
2. S Subramania Iyer
3. Mahatma Gandhi
4. Rabindranath Tagore
Correct Answer: Rabindranath Tagore
Q.21 What is the national game of USA?
Correct Answer: Baseball
Q.22 _________ of reservation in government jobs and education granted to the economically backward among the general category as announced in the Interim Budget 2019.
Correct Answer: 0.1
Q.23 PRASAD Scheme (Pilgrimage rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive) has been launched under which Ministry?
1. Ministry of External Affairs
2. Ministry of Tourism
3. Ministry of Housing and Urban affairs
4. Ministry of Culture
Correct Answer: Ministry of Tourism
Q.24 Which of the following is NOT a primary activity?
Correct Answer: Construction
Q.25 What was known as ‘Calico’ during pre-imperialism period?
Correct Answer: Cotton
Courtesy : SSC