SSC MTS 2017 RE-EXAM PAPER : Held on 04-OCTOBER-2017 Shift-1
QID : 76 - What is the full form of GNP?
1) Great Net Product
2) Gross National Product
3) Great National Product
4) Gross Net Product
Correct Answer: Gross National Product
QID : 77 - Development promises a real growth by enhancing ______ of a person.
1) Total income
2) Standard of living
3) Total income and standard of living boths
4) Neither total income nor standard of living
Correct Answer: Total income and standard of living boths
QID : 78 - How many fundamental duties does part IV-A of Indian constitution specifies?
Correct Answer: 11
QID : 79 - In order to make a bill into a law it is required to pass through _____.
1) Only Lok Sabha
2) Only Rajya Sabha
3) Both Lok and Rajya Sabha
4) Either Lok Sabha or Rajya Sabha
Correct Answer: Both Lok and Rajya Sabha
QID : 80 - Which ancient city of Indus-Valley Civilization was famous for its dock yard?
Correct Answer: Lothal
QID : 81 - In which year did Mahatma Gandhi gane a call for a Satyagraha against the Rowlatt Act?
Correct Answer: 1919
QID : 82 - Winter solstice occurs on which date of the year?
1) 21 March
2) 23 September
3) 21 June
4) 22 December
Correct Answer: 22 December
QID : 83 - Which is the second largest continent of the world after Asia?
1) North America
2) South America
Correct Answer: Africa
QID : 84 - What is small leaf like structures of a flower called?
Correct Answer: Sepals
QID : 85 - The balance of CO2 and O2 in atmosphere is due to ______.
Correct Answer: Photosynthesis
QID : 86 - Excretion means ______.
1) Removal of substances present in excess
2) Formation of those substances that have some role in the body
3) Removal of such substances that have never been part of the body
4) All options are correct
Correct Answer: Removal of substances present in excess
QID : 87 - Which is the correct order of decreasing friction?
1) Static friction > Sliding friction > Rolling friction
2) Static friction > Rolling friction > Sliding friction
3) Rolling friction > Sliding friction > Static friction
4) Sliding friction > Rolling friction > Static friction
Correct Answer: Static friction > Sliding friction > Rolling friction
QID : 88 - A steam engine converts the heat energy of steam into ______.
1) Electrical energy
2) Chemical energy
3) Mechanical energy
4) Thermal energy
Correct Answer: Mechanical energy
QID : 89 - What is the full form of ASCII?
1) American Standard Code for Internet Interchange
2) American Standard Code for Information Interchange
3) American Standard Code for Information International
4) American Standard Code for Internet International
Correct Answer: American Standard Code for Information Interchange
QID : 90 - Metallurgy is the process of ______.
1) Extracting metals from the Ore
2) Roasting the Ore
3) Liquefaction of metals
4) Adding metal to the Ore in blast furnace
Correct Answer: Extracting metals from the Ore
QID : 91 - Metals have ______.
1) High melting and boiling point
2) Low melting and boiling point
3) High melting and low boiling point
4) Low melting and high boiling point
Correct Answer: High melting and boiling point
QID : 92 - What is the water which is suitable for drinking called?
1) Potable water
2) Portable water
3) Pure water
4) Sterile water
Correct Answer: Potable water
QID : 93 - Which among the following considered to be the financial turn around and rival package for electricity distribution companies of India?
Correct Answer: UDAY
QID : 94 - Who invented the first modern electrical air conditioning unit?
1) Karl Benz
2) Robert W. Wilson
3) Willis Carrier
4) Charles M. Hall
Correct Answer: Willis Carrier
QID : 95 - Which country will host the 2018 FIFA Football World Cup?
Correct Answer: Russia
QID : 96 - Alpana is a traditional folk art of which state?
2) West Bengal
Correct Answer: West Bengal
QID : 97 - Which former Union Minister has been awarded with the Japan’s imperial decoration ‘Order of the Rising Sun’ award?
1) Ashwani Kumar
2) Manmohan Singh
3) L. K. Advani
4) Sharad Yadav
Correct Answer: Ashwani Kumar
QID : 98 - Who is the author of book named “Alice in the Wonderland”?
1) William Shakespeare
2) Paul Kennedy
3) Lewis Carrol
4) George Orwell
Correct Answer: Lewis Carrol
QID : 99 - What is the group of rural women solar engineers from African countries trained under India’s developmental support for harnessing solar energy called?
1) Solar Sangathan
2) Solar Samiti
3) Solar Mamas
4) Solar System
Correct Answer: Solar Mamas
QID : 100 - The 250 km Tamu-Kalewa-Kalemyo highway is a gift to Myanmar is built by ______.
1) National Highway Authority of India
2) Military of Myanmar
3) Border Roads Organisation
4) None of these
Correct Answer: Border Roads Organisation