SSC scientific-assistant papers : General Awareness
1. How many ways can a batsman lose his wickets?
2. Corundum is a mineral of:
3. The state which is the largest producer of tea in India:
(a) Tamil Nadu
4. Which of the following is issued by the President when the Parliament
is not in session?
5. The strength of the council of minister is fixed by the:
(b) Chief Minister
6. Neutron was discovered by:
(a) J.J. Thompson
7. Which of the following principle is made use of in the working of an
(a) Thermionic emission
(b) Nuclear fusion
(c) Nuclear fission
8. ‘Palaeontology’ is the study of:
9. Amylase acts upon:
10. The active cell division in a plant is found in the:
(a) tips of roots and shoots
(b) pith cells
(c) cells cortex
(d) internodal region
11. Which among the following is the antisterility vitamin?
12. In which year the Indian National Congress was formed?
13. The leader of Cochin who fought with Velu Thampi Dalwa aganist the
(a) Kunhali Maracker
(b) Paliath Achan
(d) Chirakkal Raja
14. The first Viceroy of British India:
(a) Lord Cornwallis
(b) Lord Ripon
(c) Lord Canning
(d) Lord Dalhousie
15. Who was the first king presided the court of Kanauj?
(a) Samudra Gupta
16. Which is the mid layer of the earth?
17. The Himalayan Mountain is made up of:
(a) Intrusive rocks
(b) Extrusive rocks
(c) Sedimentary rocks
(d) Metamorphic rocks
18. The most prominent distributory of Ganga river:
(b) Ram Ganga
19. The leader who is known as ‘The Grand old man of India’:
(a) Sardar Vallabhai Patel
(b) Dadabai Naoroji
(c) Balgangadhar Tilak
(d) Bipin Chandrapal
20. The southern most part of India:
(a) Sri Lanka
(b) Pak Strait
(d) Nicobar group of Island
21. The head quarters of the Theosophical Society in India:
22. Which is not a port on the west coast of India?
23. In which year the University of Travancore was established?
24. The state which is the leading producer of mica:
(d) Madhya Pradesh
25. Which of the following diseases are sexually transmitted?
(d) All of these