(Paper) SSC: Section Officer (Audit) Question Paper - November 2008
SSC: Section Officer (Audit) Question Paper - November 2008
Directions: In Question Nos. 1 to 10, some of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has an error and choose the option corresponding to the appropriate letter (A, B, C). If there is no error mark (D) as your answer.
1. A moment delay/would have proved costly/
in the situation./No error.
2. Ram disappointed his mother/ as he did not/ write to her very often./No error.
3. After you will return/ from Chennai/ I will come and see you./ No error.
4. Scenes from the film / had to be censured/ before it was released./ No error.
5. When my sister was ill/ I went to the hospital/ on alternative days./ No error.
6 The beautiful/ surrounding of the place/ enchanted me./ No error.
7. No Porter being available/ he carried/ all his luggages himself./ No error.
8 He will not be able/ to cope up with/ the pressure of work./ No error.
9. Lasers are/ indispensable tools/ for the delicate eyes surgery./ No error.
10. I take great pleasure/ to welcome you/ to this institution./ No error.
Directions: In Question Nos. 11 to 15, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which expresses the right meaning of the given.
(A) A word with two or more meanings
(B) A word of new coinage
(C) A word formed by the initial letters of words
(D) A word of picturesque effect
(C) demonstration (D) dislike
Directions: In Question Nos. 16 to 20, choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word.
Directions: In Question Nos. 21 to 30, sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate and suitable word.
21. The food that an average Indian eats
has been found to be deficient _____ vitamins and proteins.
22. The patient is _____ of stomachache.
23. A good teacher should _____ responses from the students.
24. Had he taken his degree five years ago he _____ got a promotion by now.
(B) would have
(C) will be
25. There will be a rush for seats when the train
(A) will arrive
(C) is arriving