Intelligence Bureau ACIO Exam Papers : 2014
(History & Polity)
1. To which place Aryabhata, the great mathematician, went for advanced studies?
2. Where was Bhaskara, also known as Bhaskaracharya or Bhaskara II, an Indian mathematician & astronomer, was born?
3. The caste-system during early Vedic age prohibited
1. Inter caste dining
2. Inter caste marriages
4. None of these
5. Which among the below mentioned Upper Palaeolithic places in India is wrongly matched with the state it is located in?
1. Bhimbetka, Madhya Pradesh
2. Betamcherla, Andhra Pradesh
3. Inamgaon, Maharashtra
4. Singh Bhumi, Himachal Pradesh
5. Kalidasa’s ‘Kumarasambhavam’ describes the story of the birth of which mythological character?
6. Where and when was the 2nd Buddhist Council held?
1. Patliputra in 250 BC
2. Sri Lanka in the 1st century BC
3. Vaishali in 383 BC
4. Mandalay in 1871 AD
7. In which year, Mahatama Gandhi travelled to Champaran in Bihar to inspire the peasants to struggle against the oppressive plantation system?
8. With which objective, CR Das and Motilal Nehru formed the Swaraj Party within the Congress?
1. Spearhead the mass struggles
2. Forge Hindu-Muslim unity
3. Participate in elections to the provincial council
4. Organise legislative protests against Rowlatt
9. The industrial working class did not participate in the Civil Disobedience Movement in large numbers, except in
1. Nagpur region
2. Madras region
3. Surat region
4. Calcutta region
10. Dr B R Ambedkar clashed with Mahatma Gandhi at the 2nd Round Table Conference demanding
1. Reservation for Dalits in Government jobs
2. Reservation for Dalits in Ministries
3. Separate citizen status for Dalits
4. Separate Electorate for Dalits
11. Who brought the printing Press for the first time to India in the mid-16th century ?
1. Dutch cloth merchants
2. British traders
3. Portuguese Missionaries
4. Arab manuscript writers
12. Measures in India to impose censorship on printed material were initiated in 1798 by the East India Company. It was directed against
1. Bengali social reformers
2. Englishmen in India
3. Bengali writers
4. Indian Princely States
13. The Radcliffe Line is named after its architect, Sir Cyril Radcliffe. It is a boundary demarcation line between
1. Pakistan & Afghanistan
2. India & Bhutan
3. India & Pakistan
4. India & Myanmar
14. The development of the world’s first practical design for an Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile, A9/10, was undertaken in Nazi Germany during the World War II. It was intended for use in bombing
1. London and other coastal cities of Britain
2. Northern cities of France, including Venice
3. New York and other American cities
4. Interiors of USSR to cut off military supply lines to Moscow.
15. The original name of Ho Chi Minh, the President of the Vietnam Democratic Republic, was Nguyen Van Thanh which he later changed to Ho Chi Minh before becoming the President. The literal meaning of Ho Chi Minh is
1. He Who Leads
2. He Who Fights
3. He Who Enlightens
4. He Who Protects
16. Which famous leader once said, “we would not have made economic progress, if we had not intervened on very personal matters: how you live, the noise you make, how you spit…”
1. Adolf Hitler, Germany
2. Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
3. Mussolini, Italy
4. Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore
17. French Revolution ended in 1790s with the ascent of
2. King Louis XVI
3. Napoleon Bonaparte
18. In his youth, Adolf Hitler aspired to be a/an
19. Many of the famous political leaders had a University Degree in Law. Which of the following world leaders didn’t have a Degree in Law?
1. Nelson Mandela
2. Fidel Castro
3. Barack Obama
4. John F Kennedy
20. Ernesto Che Guevara, the famous Marxist revolutionary of South America, was born in
21. In which among the following cases, the Supreme Court of India propounded the theory of basic structure of the Constitution?
1. Gopalan vs. State of Madras
2. Golak Nath
3. Keshvanand Bharati
4. Minerva Mills
22. The 52nd amendment to the Constitution of India is most closely related to
1. Extention of Reservation in Government jobs
2. Provision for special status to Tripura
3. Provisions for increasing age of eligibility for voting
4. Provisions against political defections
23. Which among the following political party of India has an election symbol very similar to the election symbol of Republican Party of USA?
1. Samajwadi Party
2. Bahujan Samaj Party
3. Janta Dal (United)
4. Telugu Desam Party
24. How many members, the President of India can nominate to Lok Sabha & Rajya Sabha, respectively?
1. 12, 2
3. 2, 10
4. 10, 2
25. Which among the following amendments to the Constitution of India, designated Delhi as National Capital Territory (NCT)?
1. 63rd Amendment Act
2. 69th Amendment Act
3. 74th Amendment Act
4. 76th Amendment Act
26. On 29 August 1947, the Drafting Committee for Indian Constitution was appointed, with Dr B. R. Ambedkar as the Chairman along with six other members. Who among the following was not the member of the Drafting Committee?
1. N. Gopalaswami Ayengar
2. Jawahar Lal Nehru
3. Kanaiyalal Maneklal Munshi
4. Alladi Krishnaswamy lyer
27. Part IV of the Indian Constitution deals with Directive Principles of State Policy. This feature of Indian Constitution was influenced by a similar feature of
1. Canadian Constitution
2. Australian Constitution
3. American Constitution
4. Irish Constitution
28. Which among the following schedules of the Indian Constitution deals with forms of Oaths or Affirmations?
1. 2nd Schedule
2. 3rd Schedule
3. 4th Schedule
4. 5th Schedule
29. Which of the following is not a constitutional provision relating to Governors of States?
1. Same person can be appointed as Governor for two or more States
2. He shall be appointed by the President
3. He shall hold office during the pleasure of the President
4. He should have completed the age of 25 years
30. Which Article of the Indian Constitution deals with special provision with respect to the States of Maharashtra and Gujarat?
1. Article 370
2. Article 371
3. Article 371-A
4. Article 371-B
31. Indian Constitution provides for promotion of international peace and security. Which of the following deals with this provision?
1. Article 51 of the Directive Principles of the State Policy
2. It is implied by the Preamble of the Indian Constitution
3. The 12th Schedule of the Indian Constitution
4. Article 392 empowers the President in this regard
32. Which Article of the Indian Constitution defines the Original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court?
1. Article -129
2. Article 130
3. Article 131
4. Article 132
33. The power to promulgate ordinances during recess of Parliament is vested with
1. The Council of Ministers
2. The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Urgent Enactment
3. The President
4. The Prime Minister
34. Who is non-member who can participate in the debate of Lok Sabha?
1. Vice President
2. Chief Justice of India
3. Attorney General of India
4. None of the above