Idioms and Phrases (MCQ )
Directions: Select the meaning of the bold Idiom or
phrase from the given alternatives.
1. The casting vote of the chairman clinched the issue.
2. He will try to feather his own nest.
(a) work wearily
(b) live happily
(c) build his own house
(d) benefit himself
3. He cannot make both ends meet.
(a) control affairs
(b) earn enough
(c) work hard
(d) manage the business
4. He is in the habit of chewing the cud.
(a) forgeting things
(b) accusing others
(c) to muse on
(d) crying over split milk
5. The police officer made bad blood between the father and the son.
(a) made them fight against each other
(b) caused them to feel ill-will towards one another
(c) made them go to hospital for they need blood
(d) helped them understand each other