Sequences & Series (MCQ)
1. A person is entitled to receive an annual payment which for each year
is less by one tenth of what it was for the year before. If the first payment is
100. Then, find the maximum possible payment which he can receive, however long
he may live?
(d) None of these
2. If 4, 6, a are in AP. 4, 6, b are in GP and 4, 6, c are
in HP, determine the value of 3a + 2b – c.
3. In a geometric progression, the sum of the first and
the last term is 66 and the product of the second and the last second term is
128. Determine the first term of the series.
(b) 64 or 2
(c) 2 or 32
4. Ashok is employed in a firm which promises to pay him a
salary of Rs.3000 per month for the first year and an increment of Rs.1000 in
his monthly salary every succeeding year. How much does he earn from the firm in
5. The sum of the fourth and twelth term of an arithmetic
progression is 20. What is the sum of the first 15 terms of the arithmetic