Food Corporation of India
Previous Years Exam Paper For
FCI Management Trainee (General/Depot)
1. Who of the following brought the Sikh Kingdom
of Punjab under direct British rule
by an official proclamation?
(A) Lord Hastings
(B) Lord Cornwallis
(C) Lord Minto
(D) Lord Dalhousie
2. India is comparatively not rich in which one
of the following minerals compared to the other three?
3. Among the following, which one has recorded
the highest population growth rate during 1991-2001?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh
4. In which one of the following regions does
the Indus river originate?
5. What is the term used to denote the
temperature at which the water vapour present in the atmosphere is sufficient to
(A) Condensation point
(B) Dew point
(C) Sublimation point
(D) Saturation point
6. The earth’s reflectivity of solar radiation,
termed albedo, is highest in which one of the following?
(B) Forest area
(C) Sand desert
(D) Snow area
7. Who of the following wrote the book Precepts
(A) Raja Rammohan Roy
(B) Devendranath Tagore
(C) Ishwarchandra Vidyasagar
(D) Keshab Chandra Sen
8. Who for the first time saw bacteria through a
microscope made by himself?
(A) Anton van Leeuwenhoek
(B) Louis Pasteur
(C) Robert Hooke
(D) Robert Virchow
9. Which of the following contain enzymes for
(B) Endoplasmic reticula
10. To which of the following types of animals
are Salamanders closely related ?
(A) Dolphins and Whales
(B) Frogs and Toads
(C) Prawns and Crabs
(D) Seals and Walruses
11. Which one of the following statements is
A seed is a ripened —
12. Historical materialism is a tenet of which
one of the following political theories ?
13. What is ‘Look East Policy’ often in the
(A) Government of India’s initiative for the infrastructural development in
the North Eastern States
(B) India’s search for oil and gas in its Eastern shoreline
(C) India’s collaboration with some East Asian countries in the exploration
of oil and gas
(D) India’s continuing pursuit of close relations with South-East Asian
14. Who of the following published a famous
pamphlet known as ‘Right of Mass’ and urged the people in England, America and
France to fight for their liberty ?
(A) Thomas Jefferson
(B) Thomas Paine
(C) John Locke
(D) Jean Jacques Rousseau
15. Who of the following invented the cotton gin
that separates the seeds from cotton three hundred times faster than by hand?
(A) Eli Whitney
(B) George Stephenson
(D) James Watt
16. Whose duty is it to recommend to the
President of India on the issue of the distribution and allocation of the net
proceeds of taxes in the context of Centre State fiscal relations ?
(A) Planning Commission
(B) National Development Council
(C) Union Ministry of Finance
(D) Finance Commission
17. In the Union Government, under whose charge
is the Cabinet Secretariat?
(A) The Minister of Parliamentary Affairs
(B) The President of India
(C) The Prime Minister of India
(D) The Union Home Minister
18. Which Five-Year Plan had an objective of
“Rapid Industrialization with particular emphasis on development of basic and
19. Which one of the following is the correct
chronological order of the given rulers of ancient India?
(A) Ashoka — Kanishka — Milinda
(B) Milinda — Ashoka — Kanishka
(C) Ashoka — Milinda — Kanishka
(D) Milinda — Kanishka — Ashoka
20. Which one of the following is not a disease
caused by virus?
21. In terms of the evolution of organisms,
which one among the following is the most advanced?
22. Which one of the following is not a genetic
(A) Colour blindness
(B) Down’s syndrome
23. Which one of the following is an enzyme?
24. In human body, which one of the following
secretes hormones as well as digestive enzymes ?
(D) Large intestine
25. In the human body, which of the following
store / stores extra blood for release when
(D) Lymph nodes
26. A bullet traveling horizontally hits a block
kept at rest on a horizontal surface and gets embedded into it, the two together
then move with a uniform velocity. Which one of the following conservation laws
(A) Conservation of angular momentum
(B) Conservation of kinetic energy
(C) Conservation of linear momentum
(D) Conservation of velocity
27. Which one of the following is correct?
A negatively charged glass rod has always—
(A) less electrons than protons
(B) less electrons than neutrons
(C) less protons than electrons
(D) less neutrons than protons
28. Who among the following was sent by Lord
Harding’s to South Africa to plead the cause of Indians led by the young Gandhi?
(A) B. G. Tilak
(B) G. K. Gokhale
(C) M. G. Ranade
(D) Motilal Nehru
29. Which one of the following is not a current
of North Atlantic Ocean?
(A) Falkland Current
(B) Canary Current
(C) Labrador Current
(D) Gulf Stream
30. Which one of the following States does not
share boundary with Jharkhand ?
(B) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh
31. Through which States does Vamsadhara river
(A) Andhra Pradesh and Chattisgarh only
(B) Chattisgarh and Orissa only
(C) Andhra Pradesh and Orissa only
(D) Andhra Pradesh, Chattisgarh and Orissa
32. Whose entry into India resulted in the
introduction of maize crop in India?
33. The efforts of who of the following led to
the “Age of Consent Act, 1891”?
(A) Rabindranath Tagore
(B) M. G. Ranade
(C) Surendra Nath Bannerjee
34. What was the name of the party formed by
Subhas Chandra Bose after leaving Indian
(A) Congress Socialist Party
(B) Forward Bloc
(C) Indian National Conference
(D) Swaraj Party
35. Among the following who was a prominent
leader of Khilafat Movement?
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru
(B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Rajendra Prasad
(D) Vallabhbhai Patel
36. Who was the architect of the ‘Drain Theory’
and the author of the book Poverty and Un-British Rule in India?
(A) Dadabhai Naoroji
(B) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(C) Abul Kalam Azad
(D) Ramesh Chandra Dutt
37. The Civil Disobedience Movement started with
which of the following?
(A) No-tax campaign in Bardoli district
(B) Demonstration of Akali Sikhs at Nabha
(C) Demonstration against the Simon Commission
(D) Dandi March
38. The most abundant gas in the atmosphere is—
(D) Carbon dioxide
39. Which dance form are Birju Maharaj and Gopi
Krishna renowned for?
40. Which is the official language of the Union
Territory of Lakshadweep?
41. Who is known as the ‘Father of India’s
(A) A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
(B) R. Santhanam
(C) Raja Ramanna
(D) Homi Bhabha
42. The birthday of which sportsperson is
celebrated as National Sports Day?
(A) Sunil Gavaskar
(B) PT. Usha
(C) Prakash Padukone
(D) Dhyan Chand
43. Who among the following holds a record of
the fastest 100 test wickets taken by an Indian bowler?
(A) Erapalli Prasanna
(B) Bhagawat Chandrasekhar
(C) Bishan Singh Bedi
(D) Kapil Dev
44 In which city were the first Asian Games
(B) Kuala Lumpur
(C) New Delhi
45. The First Five Year Plan covered the period—
46. The breadth of the railway broad gauge is
47. Modulation used in a GSM mobile phone is—
48. The light in optical fibre cable propagates
(C) Total internal reflection
49. When a TV receiver is switched n, the
picture comes late, Why ?
(A) Video bandwidth is large
(B) Video signal takes longer to arrive
(C) Electron emission takes time
(D) All of the above.
50. Seismograph is used in the study of—