(Download) SSC: Combined Graduate Level Exam Paper (General Intelligence & Reasoning) : 26/06/2011 - second sitting
SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam: 2011
General Intelligence & Reasoning
1. There are three baskets of fruits. First basket has twice the number of fruits in the 2nd basket. Third basket has3/4 th of the fruits in the first. The average of the fruits in all the baskets is 30. What is the number of fruits in the first basket?(A) 20
2. From my house I walked 5 km towards North. I turned right and walked 3 km. Again I went one km to the south. How far am I from my house?
(A) 7 km
(B) 6 km
(C) 4 km
(D) 5 km
3. A and B are standing as a distance of 20 km from each other on a straight East-West road. A and B start walking simultaneously eastwards and westwards respectively and both cover a distance of 5 km. Then A turns to his left the walks 10 km. B turns to his right and walks 10 km at the same speed. Then both turn to their left and cover a distance of 5 km at the same speed. What will be distance between them?
(A) 10 km
(B) 30 km
(C) 20 km
(D) 25 km
4. From the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word: REFORMATION
Directions: From the given alternative words, select the word which can be formed using the letters of the given word.
6. If in a certain language, PLAYER is coded as QNDCJX, then how SINGER will be coded in the same language?
7. If in a certain code, 95789 is written as EGKPT and 2436 is written as ALUR, the how will 24539 be written in that code?
8. A statement is given followed by four alternative arguments. Select on which is most appropriate. Statement : White clothes are women more often is summer because
(A) they are thin and cool
(B) they are bad absorbers of heat
(C) they can be easily washed
(D) they are easily available in summer
Directions: In question nos. 9 to 17, select the related letter/word/number/figure from the given alternatives.
9. Procession : Route : : Earth : ?
10. FERTILIZER : CROPS : : ?
(A) TEACHER : EDUCATION
(B) CHLORINE : WATER
(C) TONIC : BODY
(D) PESTICIDE : RATS