SSC CPO Exam Model Questions (SET-28)
Directions: Which of the phrases (a), (b), (c) and (d) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold type to make the sentence grammatically correct?
1. Budget hotels are being set up across the country to provide travellers with accommodation at reasonable rates.
(a) are to be set in
(b) will be set up
(c) have been setting up around
(d) were set up through
2. Directly the meeting commenced then the Board called for the Chairman’s resignation.
(a) No sooner had the meeting commenced than
(b) As soon as the meeting commenced when
(c) Hardly did the meeting commence
(d) Soon after the .meeting commences that
3. The Director said that he did not want to see either of the students who had failed and ordered them to leave.
(a) none of the students
(b) one of the student
(c) each of the student
(d) any of the student
4. He was determined in completing the project despite opposition from the union.
(a) on completing
(b) to complete
(c) for completion
(d) No correction required.
5. In his speech he failed to emphasize the only great reason why Government programmes have not benefited the poor.
(a) greatest reason why
(b) only greatest reason
(c) only greatest reason for
(d) No correction required
1(d), 2(a), 3(d), 4(b), 5(d)