SSC CPO Exam Model Questions (SET-24)
Directions: Which of the phrases (a), (b), (c) and (d) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold type to make the sentence grammatically correct?
1. Many employees are hesitate to volunteer for assignments in a foreign country because of language and cultural issues.
(a) hesitated to volunteer
(b) hesitant to volunteer
(c) hesitating volunteer
(d) hesitatingly volunteer
2. Salaries in state owned enterprises today have to be in line on prevailing market rates in order to reduce turnover.
(a) been on line with
(b) to be aligned on
(c) been in line for
(d) to be in line with
3. As a member of the Cabinet, Alyar had the opportunity to observe debates and see which they were resolved.
(a) about they being resolved
(b) that it was resolved
(c) to its resolution
(d) how they were resolved
4. The Board has inability to provide any proper strategy to out do the competition.
(a) not being able to provide
(b) has been unable to provide
(c) cannot provide for
(d) is being unable to provide
5. Did the court not intervened the matter many students would have been denied admission.
(a) Because the court intervened in
(b) Until the court had intervened
(c) Had the court not intervened in
(d) If the court intervened between
1(b), 2(d), 3(d), 4(c), 5(c)