Model Questions for SSC CGL TIER-1 (Reasoning) Set - 1
1. There are some boys and dogs at a place. If total number of heads is 7 and total number of legs is 20, how many boys and how many dogs are there?
(a) 5 boys and 7 dogs
(b) 4 boys and 2 dogs
(c) 4 boys and 3 dogs
(d) 10 boys and 1 dogs
2. Of the five members of a panel sitting in a row, A is to the left of B, but on the right of C, D is on the right of B but is on the left of E. Find the member who is sitting in the middle.
3. Rajiv is the brother of Atul. Sonia is the sister of Sunil. Atul is the son of Sonia. How is Rajiv related to Sonia ?
4. There are five friends-S, K, M, A, R. S is shorter than K, but taller than R. M is the tallest. A is a ltfle shorter than K and little taller than S. Who has two persons taller and two persons shorter than him ?
5. If’PAPER’ is written as’OZODQ’, how ‘PENCIL’ can be written in that code ?
6. If the word ‘STOVE’ can be written as ‘FNBLK, how can the word ‘VOTES’ be written in that code?
7. If A = 1, FAT = 27, then FAITH = ?
8. A word is given in capital letters. It is followed by four words. Out of these four words, three cannot be formed from the letters of the word in capital letters. Point out the word which can be formed from the letters of the given word in capital letters.
9. From the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word.
10 : A statement followed by two assumptions I & II is given. Which one of the four given alternatives is correct ?
Statement : Imprisonment for 27 years made Nelson Mandela The President.
I. One who will be imprisoned for 27 years will become The President
II. To become The President imprisonment is a qualification.
(a) Only I is implicit.
(b) Only II is implicit.
(c) Both I & II are implicit.
(d) Neither I nor II is implicit.
1. (d) 2. (c) 3. (c) 4. (b) 5. (c) 6. (a) 7. (d) 8. (b) 9. (c) 10. (c)