SSC CGL (Tier-1) Exam , Model Question Paper Set-8 (English)
Directions: Read each sentence to find out if there is any error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer.
91. Governments and business must reduce (a)/ its own energy use (b)/ and promote conservation (c)/ to their citizens and employees. (d)
92. If the allegations (a)/ made against him (b)/ are found to be true (c)/ he could face rigorous imprisonment. (d)
93. Having acquired some experience (a)/ she is no longer (b)/ one of those who believes (c)/ very explanation she is given. (d)
94. On discovering that (a)/ it was a forgery (b)/ he torn up the agreement (c)/ he had signed. (d)
95. With regard to implementation the (a)/ details of the proposal (b)/ the committee was divided (c)/ in its opinion. (d)
Directions: In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words have been suggested, one of which fills the blanks appropriately. Find out the appropriate words in each case.
Amid rumours of the government planning a crackdown on stock speculation, the Shanghai stock index 61 8.8 per cent of February 27th, its 62 one day drop in a decade. 63 usual for China’s stock markets, investors in New York’s equity markets saw this and sent the Dow Jones industrial index down more than 400 points. The drop in New York’s index in turn 64 fear in markets across Asia the following day and suddenly stock indexes across the world 65. This chain reaction plainly 66 the increasingly 67 place that China now occupies in the minds of global investors. Its extraordinary economic run has been the key reason for 68 demand for everything from copper to cars much to the 69 of multinational and Chinese investors alike. But while investors are right about China’s growing economic importance to the world they are still confused about how to 70 a decline in Chinese stocks.
96. (a) plunged
97. (a) substantial
98. (a) However
99. (a) heighten
100. (a) stumble
Answer Keys :
91. (b) 92. (d) 93. (c) 94. (c) 95. (a) 96. (a) 97. (d) 98. (d) 99. (b) 100. (c)