(Detailed Info) SSC Revised Scheme of Combined Graduate Level
Examination - 2016
Accordingly, the revised scheme of examination is detailed below:-
||Mode of examination
||Scheme of Examination
||A. General Intelligence & Reasoning
B. General Awareness
C. Quantitative Aptitude
D. English Comprehension
Total -200 Marks *
|75 Minutes (Total)
For VH and candidates suffering from
Cerebral Palsy: 100 Minutes
- Quantitative Abilities (Paper 1)
- English Language & Comprehension (Paper 2)
Statistics (Paper 3)
General Studies (Finance and Economics) (Paper 4)
- 2 Hours 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
- 2 Hours 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM
2 Hours 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
2 Hours 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM
* There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I. In
respect of TierII, the negative marking system will remain unchanged.
In addition to above, the Commission has also decided to
introduce a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier-III. The Question Paper
will be bilingual. The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium.
The details may be read as under:-
||Mode of Examination
||Scheme of Examination
||Pen and Paper mode
||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essay/Precis/Letter
/Application Writing etc
||Total marks 100
For VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 80 Minutes
||Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) / Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
||Same as published in the Notice of Examination
||Same as published in the Notice of Examination
The final merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II
and Tier-III. However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e.
Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately. There will be no sectional cut-off.
Document Verification will also be conducted as per the provisions of the
notice of examination
Detailed Information about New Pattern:
The candidates may please refer to the Revised Scheme of
Combined Graduate Level Examination 2016 uploaded on the website of the
Commission on 1st July 2016. In the given context, a further elaboration on the
Scheme of the said examination is given below for the information of the
(1) The Tier-I and Tier-II of the Examination are to be conducted in the
Computer Based mode.
(2) The syllabus of Tier-I and Tier-II would be same as given in the Notice
of the Examination published on 13th February, 2016.
(3) Tier-I of the examination is scheduled to be conducted
from 27.8.2016 to 11.9.2016. The examination on the first three days
viz., 27.8.2016 to 29.8.2016 would be conducted in two batches and thereafter
from 30.8.2016 to 11.9.2016, the examination would be conducted in three batches
per day. The timings in this regard are given below.
|Timing for two Batches per day
||Timing for three Batches per day
|First Batch : 10.00 AM – 11.15 AM
Second Batch : 4.15 PM – 5.30 PM
|First Batch: 10.00 AM - 11.15 AM
Second Batch: 1.15 PM - 2.30
Third Batch: 4.15PM – 5.30 PM
(4) The entry closing time will be half an hour before the scheduled start
time of the Examination, which would also be indicated in the Admission
(5) The number of questions in Tier-I has been reduced from 200 to 100. The
paper will be of 200 marks with each question carrying 2 marks. The duration of
the examination would be 75 minutes.
(6) Tier-I of the examination will comprise four parts (i) General
Intelligence & Reasoning (ii) General Awareness (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (iv)
English Comprehension. Each part would comprise 25 questions of 50 marks.
(7) 0.50 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
(8) The candidates who are declared qualified in Tier-I as per the cut off
marks fixed by the Commission would only be eligible to appear in Tier-II of the
(9) Tier-II of the examination would comprise four papers in total. Each
paper would be for duration of two hours. Of these four papers, two papers i.e.
Paper-I and Paper-II is compulsory for all the candidates.
(10) Paper-I would be on Quantitative Ability (100 Questions) of 200 marks.
Each question would carry two marks. Negative marks for each wrong answer would
be 0.50 marks
(11) Paper-II would be on English Language and Comprehension (200 Questions)
of 200 Marks. Each question would carry one mark. 0.25 marks would be deducted
for each wrong answer.
(12) Paper-III would be on Statistics (100 Questions) of 200
marks. This paper will be for those candidates who have applied for the post of
Statistical Investigator (now known as Junior Statistical Officer). Each
question would carry two marks. 0.50 marks would be deducted for each wrong
(13) Paper-IV will be for those candidates who have applied
for the post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) in C&AG. The said paper would
comprise two parts i.e., Finance and Accounts for which there would be 40
questions carrying 80 marks and Economics and Governance which would have 60
questions carrying 120 marks. In all there would be 100 questions carrying 200
Marks with each question carrying two marks. 0.50 marks would be deducted for
each wrong answer. The paper will be for a duration of two hours.
(14) Paper-I would be of 10th Standard level, Paper-II of 10+2 level and
Paper-III & Paper-IV of graduation level.
(15) An additional stage of Examination, i.e. Tier-III, has
been introduced w.e.f. CGLE, 2016 which would be a descriptive type paper of 100
marks in Pen and Paper mode. The duration of the paper would be one hour. This
paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which
is necessary in Government jobs. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay /
Passage of 250 words and Letter / Application Writing of approximately 150
words. The qualifying marks in Tier-III would be 33 per cent. The paper will
have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi
and Part in English will not be evaluated. The questions in this paper would be
of 10+2 standard.
(16)Tier-IV of the Examination would continue to be the Data
Entry Skill Test (DEST) /Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) which would be of a
qualifying nature. DEST / CPT would be in consonance with the provisions
contained in para 9(E) and 9(F) of the Notice of the Examination dated 13th
(17) The marks obtained by the candidates in Tier I & Tier II, together,
would determine the eligibility of the candidates to appear in Tier III & Tier
(1) The Admission Certificate for Tier-I of examination will
be uploaded on the website of the Regional Offices by 10th August, 2016. It may
be noted that in case any candidate is issued admission certificate for more
than one shift of examination, he / she shall immediately bring it to the notice
of the concerned Regional Director, and ensure that he/she appears in only one
shift of the examination.
(2) It is reiterated that in Tier-I each candidate will be
allowed to appear in one shift at one centre only. If any candidate appears at
more than 1 shift, his/her candidature will be cancelled and he/she would be
debarred for a period of three years. (Para 21 (ix) of the notice)
(3) The thumb impression of the candidates will be taken on Biometric
machines at the Registration Desk, on the day of examination.
(4) The photograph of the candidates will also be taken at the Registration
Desk, on the day of examination.
(5) For the benefit of candidates, the Commission proposes to upload on its
website a practice test / mock test on 1st August, 2016, so that the candidates
can practice and familiarise themselves with the computer based modality. The
Commission also proposes to upload an animated ‘walk through’ on 10th August,
2016 to appropriately familiarise the candidates with the salient processes and
procedures associated with the computer based examination.
(6) The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the
basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III.
(7) The tentative time scheduling for conducting of Tier-II would be
November, 2016. Tier–III and DEST/CPT is proposed to be held simultaneously in
the month of January, 2017.
(8) The Commission would make a concerted effort to declare the final
result for CGLE, 2016 by the last week of April, 2017.
sscportal.in is not at associated with Staff Selection Commission, For SSC
official website visit - www.ssc.nic.in