EPFO Exam Model Questions : General Awareness
1. Which of the following defines the aim of the farmer & Agriculture services centres scheme?
(a) To popularize us age of agriculture equipment
(b) To popularize micro credit to farmers.
(c) To popularize provision of extension & services to farmers.
(d) To provide for and to landless farmers.
2. Economic Reforms programme introduced in 1991 comprised:
(1) Industrial sector Reforms
(2) Public sector Reforms
(3) Banking sector Reforms
(4) External sector Reforms
Select the correct answer from the codes given below
(a) 1, 2 and 3 only
(b) 1, 2, 3 and 4
(c) 1 and 2 only
(d) 1 and 4 only
3. Which of the following defines the population criteria set by the Government to provide housing under the scheme of housing and shelter up graduation-SHASU?
(a) population between 1 to 20 lakh
(b) Population between 5 to 20 lakh
(c) Population between 10 to 20 lakh
(d) Population above 20 lakh
4. Consider the following statement:
(1) The combined share of excise duties and custom duties as percentage of total tax revenue is less than that of corporate tax.
(2) The combined share of excise duties and personal income tax is less than that of corporate tax.
(3) Corporate tax is the fastest growing tax in the last five years.
(4) There has been a sharp growth in service tax proceeds in the last decades.
Which of the following statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 1, 3 and 4 only
(c) 1, 2, 3 and 4 only
(d) 1 only
5. The objective of Mahila Samuridhi Yojana is best defined by which of the options below?
(a) Encourage females for creating villages as Nirmal Gram
(b) Encourage females for formation of SHG Groups.
(c) Encourage females to participate actively in infect Breast feeding.
(d) Encourage females for savings in post offices.
ANS: 1(a), 2(b), 3(a), 4(c), 5(d)