EPFO Exam Model Questions : General Awareness
1. Bal Gangadhar Tilak worked to inspire the national sprit in people.
(a) By publishing atrocities made by British Government against Indians in his paper 'Kesri'
(b) By Organizing festivals in honour of lord Ganesh and by reviving the cult of Shivaji
(c) By supporting the Khilafat Movement
(d) All of the Above.
2. "A single shelf of a good European Library was worth the whole native literature of India and Arabia" Who made this statement?
(a) Raja Rammohan Roy
(b) Lord William Bentinck
(c) Sir Charles Wood
(d) Lord Macaulay
3. The name of Foreign Journalist who reported satyagrah at Dharsana salt works was
(a) Mark Tully (b) Webb Miller
(c) Philip sprat (d) Francis Louis
4. At the beginning of British rule in India, Fortified Factory meant to protect.
(a) The trading place where officers of the company worked
(b) The centre of manufacturing at goods.
(c) The godown where goods were stored for shipment of Europe
(d) None of the above
5. Which of the following is/are correct regarding Nirbhaya missile?
1. It is a cruise missile
2. It is hypersonic in speed
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
ANS: 1(b), 2(c), 3(b), 4(a), 5(a)