EPFO Exam Model Questions : General Awareness
1. Compassion international which recently decided to close its operations in India, is related to which of the following fields?
A. Women empowerment
B. Compassion with animals
C. Child rights
D. Compassion with environment
2. With reference to the swadeshi movement during the indian freedom struggle, which of the following statements is not correct?
(a) The theme song at swadeshi movement in Bengal was Ravindranath's “Amar Sonar Bangla"
(b) Sayed Haider Raza led the swadeshi movement in India
(c) The Ganpati and Shivaji festival become a medium of the movement.
(d) The Surat split in 1907 weakened the swadeshi movement.
3. In which order Europeans come to India for carrying on trade ?
(a) Portuguese, Dutch, English, French
(b) Portuguese, English, Dutch, French
(c) English, Portuguese Dutch, French
(d) Dutch, Portuguese, French, English
4. Who were the signatories of the treaty at Salabai ?
(a) Peshwa and the East India company
(b) Haider Ali, Peshwa and East India company
(c) Haider Ali and Peshwa
(d) Mahadaji Sindhia and Warren Hastings
5. What was the British policy towards Mysore after Tipu Sultan's death ?
(a) Establishing control over the whole of Mysore
(b) The whole Mysore was handed over to the successor of Tipu Sultan.
(c) The whole of Mysore was handed over to the successor of Wadiyar dynasty
(d) Only the central part of erstwhile Mysore was handed over to the successor at wadiyar dynasty.
ANS: 1(c), 2(b), 3(a), 4(d), 5(c)