SSC CGL (Tier - 1) Online Exam Paper - 2016 "held on 28
August 2016" Morning Shift (General Awareness)
26.What is 'net neutrality'?
1) Internet Service Providers and governments should treat all data on the internet equally
2) Piracy in internet must be curbed
3) Internet users must give out balanced opinions in social media sites
4) Internet should be kept free from malware and virus
Correct Answer: Internet Service Providers and governments should treat all data on the internet equally
27. Excise duty is levied on
1) sale of goods
2) production of goods
3) import of goods
4) export of goods
Correct Answer: production of goods
28. Golden Revolution in India refers to growth of:
1) Militancy in the north-east.
2) Oilseeds production
4) Increased importing of gold
Correct Answer: Oilseeds production
29.Water is used in a hot water bag because
1) It is easily available
2) It has high specific gravity
3) It has high specific heat
4) It is a liquid substance
Correct Answer: It has high specific heat
30. What is the meaning of "Public Interest Litigation"?
1) Anything of public interest
2) A case brought by victim to court, involving public interest.
3) A case brought by anyone to court involving public interest.
4) A directive issued by Supreme Court involving public interest
Correct Answer: A case brought by anyone to court involving public interest.
31.Who referred to Mahatma Gandhi as "Father of the Nation" for the first time?
1) Jawaharlal Nehru
2) Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
3) C. Rajgopalachari
4) Subhash Chandra Bose
Correct Answer: Subhash Chandra Bose
32.Which title, given by the British Government to Mahatma Gandhi, was surrendered during the non- cooperation movement?
1) Hind Kesari
2) Rai Bahadur
3) Rt. Honourable
Correct Answer: Kaiser-e-Hind
33.The temperature of a liquid is 32° F. What is its temperature in Celsius scale?
1) 32° C
2) 0° C
3) 100° C
4) 212° C
Correct Answer: 0° C
34.The point where total mass of a body is supposed to be concentrated is known as
1) Dead centre
2) Centre of mass
3) Centre of gravity
4) Centre of motion
Correct Answer: Centre of mass
35.Which part of brain is also known as "little brain"?
Correct Answer: Cerebellum
36.Which organism is responsible for alcohol fermentation?
Correct Answer: Yeast
37.Which of the following groups of rivers have their source of origin in Tibet?
1) Brahmaputra, Indus & Sutlej
2) Ganga, Sutlej & Yamuna
3) Brahmaputra, Ganga & Sutlej
4) Chenab, Ravi & Sutlej
Correct Answer: Brahmaputra, Indus & Sutlej
38.The most ideal region for the cultivation of cotton in India is
1) The Brahmaputra Valley
2) The Deccan Plateau
3) The Indo-Gangetic Valley
4) The Rann of Kutch
Correct Answer: The Deccan Plateau
39.Where do the electrical charges reside in a charged conductor?
1) at the core
2) throughout the body
3) depended upon the nature of the body
4) outer surface of the body
Correct Answer: outer surface of the body
40.The colour of the ocean appears to be blue because the sunlight falling on it is
Correct Answer: scattered
41.In which mode can the computers that are associated send frames directly to each other?
1) Adhoc mode
2) Infrastructure mode
3) Structured mode
4) Anonymous mode
Correct Answer: Adhoc mode
42.What was the immediate cause of the Mutiny of 1857?
1) The discontentment of the soldiers
2) The use of greased cartridges in the new Enfield Rifle
3) The social conditions of India
4) The introduction of railways and telegraphs
Correct Answer: The use of greased cartridges in the new Enfield Rifle
43.Who introduced the "Doctrine of Lapse" to expand British territories in India?
1) Lord Hastings
2) Lord Wellesley
3) Lord William Bentinck
4) Lord Dalhousie
Correct Answer: Lord Dalhousie
44.HRIDAY scheme launched by Urban Development Ministry aims at
1) Education of girl child
2) Development of smart cities
3) Urban sewage treatment
4) Development of heritage sites
Correct Answer: Development of heritage sites
45.Global warming is expected to result in
1) Increase in sea level
2) Change in crop pattern
3) Change in coastal line
4) All of these
Correct Answer: All of these
46.Who appoints and dismisses the gazetted officials of the Union Government?
1) The President of India
2) The Prime Minister of India
3) The Home Minister of India
4) The Finance Minister of India
Correct Answer: The President of India
47.The industry having the largest investment in Indian Economy is?
Correct Answer: Steel
48.Ajanta Ellora Caves are situated near which of the following cities?
1) Mount Abu
Correct Answer: Aurangabad
49.Which of the following is a name of US Parliament?
4) House of Commons
Correct Answer: Congress
50.Charles Correa is a renowned Indian
1) Freedom fighter
3) Architect, urban planner
4) Award winning doctor
Correct Answer: Architect, urban planner