SSC CHSL (10+2) Exam Mock Test -1 "General
1. The source of the Sun’s energy is the process of:
(a) Photoelectric emission
(b) Nuclear fission
(c) Nuclear fusion
(d) Thermionic emission
2. Which of the following is not a stringed instrument ?
3. Who created the unforgettable literary character‘Swami’?
(a) Vikram Seth
(b) R.K. Narayan
(c) Mulk Raj Anand
(d) Harivansh Rai Bachchan
4. Which of the following cities lies to the western-most
5. Arrange the following rivers from South to North.
6. What is the animal on the insignia of the RBI ?
7. Which part of India is linked to the border by the
Hindustan-Tibet road ?
(c) North Bengal
(d) Kashmir Valley
8. Which of the following political groupings has won the
highest number of Assembly seats at the general elections held in
September-October, 2002 in Jammu and Kashmir ?
(a) Peoples Democratic Party
(b) Indian National Congress
(c) National Conference
(d) Peoples Democratic Front
9. Which is the hottest planet of the solar system?
10. The element which is the. most abundant in the human body
11. ‘Kuchipudi dance originated in
(a) Andhra Pradesh
12. Night blindness results from the deficiency of -
13. The details of statecraft are available in the following
(a) Dharma Shastra
(b) Nyaya Shastra
(c) Artha Shastra
(d) Niti Shastra
14. The country that has come forward to mediate in Sri Lanka
15. The Legislative Council in a State in India may be
created or abolished by the
(a) President on the recommendation of the Governor
(c) Parliament after the State Legislative Assembly passes a resolution to that
(d) Governor on a recommendation by the State Cabinet
16. The lengthiest Constitution in the world is
17. No Money bill can be introduced in the Lok Sabha without
the prior approval of the
(c) Prime Minister
(d) Finance Minister
18. When did the British Govt. starl ruling India directly ?
(a) After the Battle of Plassey
(b) After the Battle of Panipat
(c) After the War of Mysore
(d) After Sepoy Mutiny
19. The term ‘secular’ was added in the Preamble to the
Indian Constitution by
(a) 41st Amendment
(b) 42nd Amendment
(c) 43rd Amendment
(d) 44th Amendment
20. Which of the following is not a Fundamental Right ?
(a) Right to Equality
(b) Right to Liberty
(c) Right against Exploitation
(d) Right to Property
21. The major harmful gas emitted by automobile vehicle which
causes air pollution is
(a) Carbon Monoxide
(c) Carbon dioxide
(d) Ozone gas
22. Who finally approves the draft Five Year Plan ?
(a) Planning Commission
(c) National Development Council
(d) Parliament and State Legislatures
23. The deciding authority of States share in central taxes
(a) Finance Commission
(b) Planning Commission
(c) Election Commission
(d) Finance Minister
24. The meausre of a worker’s real wage is
(a) The change in his productivity over a given time
(b) His earnings after deductionat source
(c) His daily earnings
(d) The purchasing power of his earnings
25. Which country is the latest to join the U.N. as a member
(b) Hong Kong
(d) East Timor\
26. How many feet has a crab got?
27. When was the Public Service Commission, the original
version of the U.P.S.C. set up?
(a) 1st October, 1926
(b) 1st April, 1937
(c) 15th August, 1947
(d) 26th January, 1950
28. The main source of revenue for a State Government in
(a) Sales tax
(b) Excise duty
(c) Income tax
(d) Property tax
29. Where is the Swami Narayan temple, Akshar-dham located ?
(a) Dwaraka, Gujarat
(b) Puri, Orissa
(c) Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
(d) Gandhinagar, Gujarat
30. Which one of the following is found only in women ?
31. Gamma rays can cause
(a) gene mutation
32. Which one of the following is NOT a function of kidney ?
(a) Regulation of blood pH
(b) Removal of metabolic wastes from the body
(c) Production of antibodies
(d) Regulation of osmotic pressures of the blood
33. Water in plants is transported by
34. Which State of India has the largest reserves of
monazite, with a high thorium content ?
35. The Indian Wild Ass (GhorKhur) is found in
(b) Assam forests
(c) The Rann of Kuchh
(d) Kaveri delta
36. Which U.S. President has been awarded the Nobel Peace
(a) John F. Kennedy
(b) William Jefferson Clinton
(c) Jimmy Carter
(d) Franklin D. Rossevelt
37. Who was the Captain of the West Indies team that was
defeated by the Indian Cricket team in 1983 to win the Prudential World Cup
(a) Viv Richards
(b) Clive Lloyd
(c) Richie Richardson
(d) Malcolm Marshall
38. Who is the author of the book “Life of Pi” ?
(a) Yann Martel
(b) Rohinton Mistry
(c) Ken Follet
(d) M.J. Akbar
39. How many months of a year, according to the Gregorian
calendar, have been named after Roman emperors ?
40. Which State in India, has given the highest number of
Deputy Prime Ministers ?
(b) Uttar Pradesh
41. Average Revenue means
(a) the revenue per unit of commodity sold
(b) the revenue from all commodities sold
(c) the profit realised from the marginal unit sold
(d) the profit realised by sale of all commodities
42. The Saka era commencing from A.D. 78, was founded by
43. Ganhadra school of art came into existence in
(a) Hinayana sect
(b) Mahayana sect
(c) Vaishnava sect
(d) Shaiva sect
44. Which Sufi’s dargah is at Ajmer ?
(a) Baba Farid
(b) Qutb-din Bakhtiyar Kaki
(c) Moinuddin Chisti
(d) Khwaja Bahuddin
45. Who was the architect who designed Taj Mahal’
(a) Mohammad Hussain
(c) Shah Abbas
46. Out of the following remains excavated in Indus Valley,
which one indicates the commercial and economic development ?
(a) The Pottery
(c) The Boats
(d) The Houses
47. To achieve high rates of growth of national output, the
economy has to
(a) reduce the rate of growth of population
(b) borrow foreign capital
(c) step up the rate of savings
(d) increase the rate of investment and reduce the capital output ratio
48. The proceeds of income tax go to
(a) Central Government
(b) State Government
(c) Centre and States
(d) Corporation authorities
49. Where are the Eucalyptus trees found in abundance ?
(a) Mizo Hills
(b) Naga Hills
(c) Manipur Hills
(d) Nilgiri Hills
50. The first solar city of India, is:
(a) Anandpur Sahib
1. (c) 2. (c) 3. (b) 4. (b) 5. (d) 6. (a) 7. (d) 8.
(d) 9. (b) 10. (b)11. (a) 12. (d) 13. (d) 14. (b)
15. (a) 16. (a) 17. (b) 18. (d) 19. (b) 20. (d) 21. (a) 22.
(c) 23. (a) 24. (a) 25. (d)
26. (d) 27. (a) 28. (b) 29. (d) 30. (c) 31. (a) 32. (c) 33.
(d) 34. (a) 35. (c)
36. (c) 37. (b) 38. (a) 39. (c) 40. (d) 41. (c) 42. (a) 43.
(b) 44. (c)
45. (b) 46. (b) 47. (c) 48. (a) 49. (a) 50. (a)