(Download) SSC: Combined Graduate Level Exam Paper (General Awareness) : 19/06/2011 - Second Sitting
1. The common tree species in Nilgiri hills is
2. Which of the following statements on Railway Budget for 2011-12 is correct?
(A) There would be 10% increase in fares for long distance train travel both by air condtioned and non-air-conditioned classes.
(B) There would be 15%increase in freight rates on all goods other than foodgrains.
(C) There would be 15% increase in passenger fares for all classes for long distance travel as well as in freights.
(D) There would be no increase in fares for both suburban and long distance train travel.
3. The nuclear reactors which were damaged heavily due to a strong Earthquake-cum- Tsunami that hit Japan on March 11, 2011 causing radiation leakage were at
(D) None of above
4. The maximum limit on poll expenditure for Assembly Constituencies has been raised in February, 2011 to
(A) 16 lakhs
(B) 18 lakhs
(C) 20 lakhs
(D) 25 lakhs
5. First Indian Prime Minister to visit Siachen has been
(A) Rajiv Gandhi
(B) InderKumar Gujaral
(C) ManMohan Singh
(D) None of the above
6. Which of the following books has beenwritten by Kishwar Desai?
(A) The Red Devil
(B) Witness the Night
(C) Tonight This Savage Rite
(D) Earth and Ashes
7. Which of the following folk/tribal dances is associatedwith Karnataka?
8. Who of the following received Sangeet Natak Akademi’s Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar for 2009 in Theatre?
(A) Omkar Shrikant Dadarkar
(B) Ragini Chander Sarkar
(C) Abanti Chakravorty & Sukracharya Rabha
9. Which of the following countries did not win any of the “FIFAWorld Cup” in 2002, 2006 & 2010?
10. Who invented vaccination for ‘Small Pox’?
(A) Sir Fredric Grant Banting
(B) SirAlexander Fleming
(C) Edward Jenner
(D) Louis Pasteur