SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam Question Paper (Held
(Data Entry Operator & LDC Exam)
Subject: English Language
Directions (51-55): In the following questions, some parts of
the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence
has an error. The number of that part is your answer. If there is no error,
then your answer is (d) i.e. No error.
51. There are (a)/ no poetries (b)/in my
book. (c)/ No error (d)
52. That house (a)/is built of (b)/ stones. (c)/ No error (d)
53. He as well as (a)/ you like (b)/ to go. (c)/ No error (d)
54. Very soon (a)/ I realised (b)/ that he is at fault. (c)/
No error. (d)
55. Santosh lives (a)/ by the principals (b)/ he professes.
(c)/ No error (d)
Directions (56-60): In the following questions, sentences are
given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives
are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four.
56. The headmaster congratulated Rajan _ getting the merit
57. Smallpox has been eradicated _ India.
(d) out of
58. The police offered a___for information about the stolen
59. There is no possibility of______coming late.
60. His friend_____unexpectedly.
(a) returned to
(c) turned up
(d) get down
Directions (61-65): In the following questions, out of the
four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given
Directions (66-70): In the following questions, choose the
word opposite in meaning to the given word.