SSC Multi-Tasking Staff (Non Technical) Exam Mock Test -4
26. Suman can do a work in 3 days. Sumati can do the same
work in 2 days. Both of them finish the work together and get Rs. 150. What is
the share of Suman ?
(a) Rs. 30
(b) Rs. 60
(c) Rs. 70
(d) Rs. 75
27. Three taps A, B and C can fill a tank in 12, 15 and 20
hours respectively. If A, is open all the time and B and C are open for one hour
each alternatively, the tank will be full in
28. 5 men can do a piece of work in 6 days while 10 women
can do it in 5 days. In how many days can 5 women and 3 men do it ?
29. A can do a piece of work in 12 days and B can do it in
18 days. They work together for 2 days and then A leaves. How long will B take
to finish the remaining work ?
(a) 6 days
(b) 8 days
(c) 10 days
(d) 13 days
30. A train is travelling at the rate of 45krn/hr. How
many seconds, it will take to cover a distance of 4/5 km ?
31. A person travels 600 km by train at 80km/hr, 800 km by
ship at 40 km/hr. 500 km by aeroplane at 400 km/hr and 100 km by car at 50km/hr.
What is the average speed for the entire distance ?
32. A train 100m long is running at the speed of 30 km/
hr. The time (in second) in which it will pass a man standing near the railway
33. Two men are standing on opposite ends of a bridge of
1200 metres long. If they walk towards each other at the rate of 5m/minute and
10m/minute respectively, in how much time will they meet each other ?
(a) 60 minutes
(b) 80 minutes
(c) 85 minutes
(d) 90 minutes
34. An aeroplane covers a certain distance at a speed of
240 km. per hour in 5 hours. To cover the same distance in 12/3 hours, it must
travel at a speed of
(a) 300 km./hr.
(b) 360 km./hr.
(c) 600 km./hr.
(d) 720 km./hr.
Directions: A survery of film watching habits of people
living in five cities P, Q, R, S and T is summarised below in a table. The
coulmn I in the table gives percentage of film-watchers in each city who see
only one film a week. The column II gives the total number of film-watchers who
see two or more films per week.
35. How many film watchers in city R see only one film in
a week ?
36. Which city has the highest number of film watchers who
see only one film in a week?
37. A city with the lowest number of filmwatchers is
38. The highest number of filmwatchers in any given city
39. The total number of all filmwatchers in the five
cities who see only one film in a week is
Directions: The following graph gives Sales, Expense and
Capital of a company for a period of five years 1994 to 1998. .Read the graph
and answer the questions 140 to 144.
40. What has been the simple average growth rate per annum
of expense between 1994 and 1998?
(b) 33 3
41. In which year was the Sales to Expense ratio the
42. What was the average per annum increase in sales (in
Rs. cr.) from 1994 to 1998 ?
43. In which year was the ratio of profits to capital the
44. In which year was the ratio of sales to capital the
45. Find x in the adjoining figure
(a) 1.6 cm
(b) 2.2 cm
(c) 3 cm
(d) 2.6 cm
(a) 50°, 100°
(b) 30°, 60°
(c) 45°, 90°
(d) 25°, 50°
47. Find the intercepts made by the line 2x – 3y+ 6 = 0
with the coordinate axes.
(a) 3, 2
(b) –3, 2
(c) –3, –2
(d) None of these
48. The equation of the line whose intercept on the axes
are 4 and 3 is
(a) 3x – 4y =10
(b) 3x + 4y =12
(c) –3x + 4y = 5
(d) None of these
49. Which of the following expression is a monomial?
(d) All the three